CTT/CTM Merger

Postby Wolfpack » Fri May 25, 2012 1:20 pm

ColdNavy wrote:I can't for the life of me see how CTT's and CTM's can merge. Two totally different skill sets. I wasn't a big fan of eliminating CTA's either. To this day, we take CTR's, CTT's, CTM's and CTN's to fill a good portion of our admin roles. As a prior "O-Brancher", the merge with IT somewhat made sense, though I wasn't a big fan of that either.

I believe the plan was to merge the maintenance aspect of the CTT rate into the CTM rate. That would allow the CTT rate to concentrate on EW, etc. There would not necessarily be a one for one swap for CTMs with this plan. Add in ETs, and there may be a way to meet maintenance requirements with the number of folks already on the ship. The intent was to study it, not just implement it (I think we all agree that all previous mergers w/out understanding the true impact were failures). I had not heard that it was a done deal by any means.

Wolfpack
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:23 pm

ColdNavy wrote:I can't for the life of me see how CTT's and CTM's can merge. Two totally different skill sets. I wasn't a big fan of eliminating CTA's either. To this day, we take CTR's, CTT's, CTM's and CTN's to fill a good portion of our admin roles. As a prior "O-Brancher", the merge with IT somewhat made sense, though I wasn't a big fan of that either.

I'm personally feeling the pain of the CTA and YN merger right now. Our ship got a requirement to fill for a YN with a clearance. Guess who they want to pull? My 9190 who's been handling absolutely everything security-related (both SCI and collateral) on the ship to send him to Cuba for 6+ months. I found out long after the fact, and long after the department head had written an impact statement as to why he shouldn't go. In that statement he didn't mention anything about the security manager/SSO functions that we'd lose because he wasn't as aware of those functions as he was POW/POD stuff.

Sum1
Experienced Member

CTT/CTM Merger

Postby atn » Tue May 29, 2012 12:33 am

Recommend you contact the CTM TECHAD to get the latest on the ratings.

atn
Experienced Member

Previous

Return to CT Ratings