Housing in Maryland

A place to put all the posts regarding houses for sale or rent.

Postby phrogpilot73 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 am

I would recommend Odenton. You can ride to work, for restaurants and bars there is Waugh Chapel Village, Arundel Mills, Piney Orchard Plaza, and it's a a short drive to Patapsco Valley State Park that has some good hiking/biking trails. Short drive to Baltimore, the Metro into DC, and Annapolis. Any closer to Ft Meade, and you're not going to want to live there.

"Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly?
Just how in the world do you think it got to be this old?"
- Anonymous
phrogpilot73
Administrator

Postby OmegaMan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Columbia meets priorities one and three, bit of a drive for a bike ride though. If you want to purchase a home, beware, Columbia is on Howard County and property taxes are high. But in my opinion, Columbia has the best eats in the area.

Annapolis is a further drive than Columbia, but hits the same priority wickets. A friend stayed in the base housing at the Academy, and I was impressed with the rennovation. That was 5 years ago, wear and tear could have changed conditions since then. Also, Annapolis as a whole seems cramped for parking.

If you want to meet all three priorities, I recommend looking at Arundel Mills. There are some nice new places over by the 295. There is a mall close by, which has it's positive and negative considerations. You also have a close enough drive to Columbia.

OmegaMan

Previous

Return to Houses for sale or rent