Forum Changes

Forum Changes

Postby webmaster » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:19 pm

All,

I have returned from deployment and made a few changes.

1. Graduate education is now under News and Information because it's one of the most used sub forums on the forum.
2. I made a cyber and information operations subforum under Navy Information Warfare. I wanted a central place for those discussions.
3. I created an Intelligence subforum.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns or would like additional forums created.
Webmaster

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.

I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."
Mahatma Gandhi
webmaster
Administrator

Postby bubblehead » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:52 am

Welcome back...

bubblehead
Experienced Member

More forum changes

Postby webmaster » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:34 pm

In my need for organization I made some changes to the Private IW forum. It now mirrors the public IW forum. I moved some of the threads into the new sub forums. There are temporary redirects that will expire in a month. As always please let me know if you'd like changes made or forums added.

I've noticed some Intelligence guys on here lately and wanted to welcome them to the forum. Please let me know if you would like your own private forum on this site.

Just a reminder access to the private forums is moderator controlled. These forums are not web crawled nor will the content pop up on a search engine. Please remember regardless of that this is an unclassified forum.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.

I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."
Mahatma Gandhi
webmaster
Administrator

Postby Sum1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 am

I attempted to get on the site during a little trip I recently took using my iphone. The mobile site browser or applet or whatever is completely screwed. Half of it was in spanish, and no matter how much I attempted to just view the site normally it wouldn't let me. I also wasn't able to post (I got an error about not having the right security ... something or other ... despite being confirmed as logged in).

Recommend removing that mobile app functionality and let folks view the forums normally through their mobile device.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby webmaster » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 am

Sum1 wrote:I attempted to get on the site during a little trip I recently took using my iphone. The mobile site browser or applet or whatever is completely screwed. Half of it was in spanish, and no matter how much I attempted to just view the site normally it wouldn't let me. I also wasn't able to post (I got an error about not having the right security ... something or other ... despite being confirmed as logged in).

Recommend removing that mobile app functionality and let folks view the forums normally through their mobile device.

It's normally not like that. It's not the best app but it's currently one of the few out there. We'll be looking at different ones when I return from deployment

Mahatma Gandhi
webmaster
Administrator

Postby Sum1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:08 am

Yea, it was weird, to say the least. I'd rather the option to view the forums normally through the iphone, if that's possible.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby webmaster » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:33 am

I can't do any changes to the site until I get home due to bandwidth restrictions. It will be soon though.

Mahatma Gandhi
webmaster
Administrator

Postby Sum1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:35 am

Cool, no worries.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Return to Forum FAQ & Help