A pretty sweet deal...

If you know about a good deal then post it here.

A pretty sweet deal...

Postby phrogpilot73 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 pm

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of Windows Home Server, but it's probably the best OS to come from Microsoft in a long time. You can check out Microsoft's site to learn more about it, but in a nutshell - it can back up all your computers on your network nightly, stream your media (think rip all your DVD's to one spot) to a media center PC or an Xbox360, a free website to access your shared folders while on the road, the list goes on...

Anywho - the sweet deal is you can now get an HP MediaSmart (Windows Home Server) for $299 with a 500gig HD. I've seen 1TB drives for <$100 so you could for $500 get a 2.5TB server. As a guy who's planning on starting his own custom built PC company, I can't compete with this.

Details here. OfficeMax's sale is lasting through the 29th, but it looks like they're out of stock right now. Worth looking into both though... After all, gas prices are going down! ;)

"Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly?
Just how in the world do you think it got to be this old?"
- Anonymous
phrogpilot73
Administrator

Postby Twidget » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:07 am

Hey Phrog,

Seen any deals on Home Servers recently? I almost bought one of these the other day HP MV2120 with Linux for $171, but didn't pull the trigger and the $50 rebate went away.

I'd prefer Windows Home Server anyway, but for that price I could have bought the software in addition to the hardware and still gotten a good deal.

Brought to you by the Paranoia Protection Counsel..."We're watching you 24/7 to make sure you're not being followed."
Twidget

Postby phrogpilot73 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:08 am

I haven't really seen any deals. I know that HP's about ready to release a newer version of their home server, so methinks that the sweet deals was HP trying to get rid of excess stock.

For what it's worth, I built mine - and it cost about $600, but it's a 2TB server...

"Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly?
Just how in the world do you think it got to be this old?"
- Anonymous
phrogpilot73
Administrator

Re: A pretty sweet deal...

Postby Mjölnir » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:16 pm

hmmm ...

Attachments
necrobot.jpg
necrobot.jpg (41.94 KiB) Viewed 506 times
The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Return to Hot Deals