IW Name Change

IW Name Change

Postby CNO Guy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Not sure how many people still use this site, but wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the community survey regarding the IW name change.

Rather than type the whole things out here are some links:

PERS 472 FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Pers472/?fref=nf

Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F35YRJ9

Station Hypo: http://www.stationhypo.com/2016/02/iw-d ... urvey.html

Make sure you all get your opinions out there!

CNO Guy
Experienced Member

Re: IW Name Change

Postby Sum1 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:26 pm

I routinely hit this site up for discussion/information. Has most of the community shifted to the Station Hypo blog or something similar?

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby CNO Guy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Not entirely sure if everyone shifted to Station Hypo, but it does tend to have more frequent content updates, though less conversation in general.

I too come here for conversation, but it's been pretty quite of late.

CNO Guy
Experienced Member

Postby 12345qwert » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:55 pm

Hopefully, the new PERS-47 facebook page becomes a good place for that conversation - especially if BOTH the detailer and OCM are able to use that site to engage with the broader team.

If there's enough interest, we "could" also create a private/secret group on FB to have open/unclassified discussions (verifying that all members of the closed group are actually IWOs - or CWOs (which for 1810s, I guess, means Cryptologic Warfare Officer - not Chief Warrant Officer (like it does for the rest of the Navy)) - like you both eluded to, most of the conversation on this forum has quieted down recently.

For what it's worth, there's a pretty good conversation going on about the name change (and other topics) on the FB page right now: https://www.facebook.com/Pers472/. Seems like there is ALSO an effort by senior community leadership to ENGAGE with the entire wardroom (you'll notice a reply by the officer who will ultimately make this decision). Join in and provide your feedback/perspective!

12345qwert
Registered Member

Postby COMEVIL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:31 am

Are you guys hesitant to engage on Station HYPO for any reason?

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby LIVINGIW » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:34 am

I hear at least one of the moderators is a tyrant... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIVINGIW
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:07 am

COMEVIL wrote:Are you guys hesitant to engage on Station HYPO for any reason?

I have an irrational and unfounded affinity for these types of forum sites. I feel like I can start a thread to discuss a particular topic or bring up an issue here easier than on a blog format where the discussions are nested under and framed by longer essays/articles. Not to say your format doesn't serve a purpose or isn't effective. It's simply different.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby Mjölnir » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Sum1 wrote:

I have an irrational and unfounded affinity for these types of forum sites. I feel like I can start a thread to discuss a particular topic or bring up an issue here easier than on a blog format where the discussions are nested under and framed by longer essays/articles. Not to say your format doesn't serve a purpose or isn't effective. It's simply different.

For me, it is easier to find topics / threads a forum type format than a blog format (i.e. Station Hypo). What is being produced seems to be good, but I like the categorization of a forum (provided posters stay on topic) to using a search bar or scrolling through the history of a blog.

The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Stalwart wrote:
Sum1 wrote:

For me, it is easier to find topics / threads a forum type format than a blog format (i.e. Station Hypo). What is being produced seems to be good, but I like the categorization of a forum (provided posters stay on topic) to using a search bar or scrolling through the history of a blog.

Thanks for the feedback. And honestly, I agree these are two very different types of forums. But, considering some of the posts, and the comments below each, would you be willing to engage in a conversation there? Not to replace a site like this, but as another place to have the conversation.

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Mjölnir » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:51 pm

COMEVIL wrote:Thanks for the feedback. And honestly, I agree these are two very different types of forums. But, considering some of the posts, and the comments below each, would you be willing to engage in a conversation there? Not to replace a site like this, but as another place to have the conversation.

Absolutely.

While at USCYBERCOM, the site was not accessible via NIPR. At my new station, I still cannot access it (not that I spend work time on the internet) but that may be part of my ongoing 'new guy' IT issues.

The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Next

Return to Detailer/Community Management Corner