STA-21 Help

STA-21 Help

Postby SSEP_ETC » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 am

Hello All,
I am an ETC(SS) working on my package for the IWO option. I'm looking for any information, qualifications, skills, tips, etc. that will be beneficial for the community, as well as my package. I'm also looking for guidance on submitting the package, as this is my first time, and copies of old packages if anyone is willing. I appreciate any and all help given, and hope that I may be accepted into this fine community.

SSEP_ETC
Registered Member

Postby arvizo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 am

Where are you stationed? It would be good to sit down with an IWO in your area.

arvizo
Experienced Member

STA-21 Help

Postby atn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:59 am

STA-21 quotas for FY-13 and the foreseeable future in the IDC are going to zero (fiscal constraints). Alternate paths to commission should be explored (OCS, LDO, etc.).

atn
Experienced Member

Postby SSEP_ETC » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 pm

I am stationed at Pearl Harbor. I have some contacts at both JIOC and NIOC out here that have told me they would get me in touch with an IWO, but I'm trying to expand a little an get other input.

I will be submitting my package next year, which I believe will be FY14, but if quotas are going to be zero I don't see a point in doing it. I am only a quarter of the way through my bachelors and don't see OCS in the near future. I have asked around about the Submarine Comms LDO Option, but I don't think I can off-ramp to 1810 and to survive in the long run I would have to off-ramp to 1820, which I'm not completely interested in. I really want to go after the 1810 designator. Do you have any other information or options I can explore to get there?

Also, where did you find the quotas for STA-21?

Thanks for the assistance and information.

SSEP_ETC
Registered Member

Return to STA-21