Air Force cyberwarfare ad

BEWARE, UNMODERATED FORUM: This is the catch all forum for any discussion the members of this site want to discuss. Only supermoderators and admins have any oversight of this forum.

Air Force cyberwarfare ad

Postby webmaster » Tue May 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Anyone see the AF's recruiting add lately? I heard they pulled it.

webmaster
Administrator

Postby OmegaMan » Tue May 20, 2008 11:53 pm

webmaster wrote:Anyone see the AF's recruiting add lately? I heard they pulled it.

I heard it got quite a negative resonse at the Flag Officer level, but you probably heard it from the same source/brief.

I work with quite a few civilian "cyber" experts. They tend to agree that Air Force is edging the Navy out in this category. I still don't agree with them.

OmegaMan

Postby webmaster » Wed May 21, 2008 12:02 am

Rupe wrote:
I work with quite a few civilian "cyber" experts. They tend to agree that Air Force is edging the Navy out in this category. I still don't agree with them.

Creating an entire command doesn't make you an expert but just my two cents

webmaster
Administrator

Postby Sparkplug » Fri May 23, 2008 12:32 am

Question is, are those "experts" ex-Air Force? They tend to be pro-company even after retirement/separation.

Sparkplug
Experienced Member

Postby jordan » Fri May 23, 2008 4:16 am

Sparkplug wrote:Question is, are those "experts" ex-Air Force? They tend to be pro-company even after retirement/separation.

Excellent point

jordan
Registered Member

Postby OmegaMan » Fri May 23, 2008 9:28 pm

Sparkplug wrote:Question is, are those "experts" ex-Air Force? They tend to be pro-company even after retirement/separation.

Actually Ex-Navy, including one retired Master Chief.

OmegaMan

Postby webmaster » Fri May 23, 2008 11:04 pm

Somebody call The Chief in to fix him. Wait...Chief it's not you is it??:D

webmaster
Administrator

Postby Sparkplug » Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 am

They may have more personnel invested, but the Navy is still the only service that has a specific career field focused in this area. So what you are looking at is quality vs quantity. Especially with the reinvestment into the cyberworkforce protecting our networks.

Sparkplug
Experienced Member

Postby OmegaMan » Sat May 24, 2008 1:37 am

webmaster wrote:Somebody call The Chief in to fix him. Wait...Chief it's not you is it??:D

Don't worry, I humiliate the Air Force on a daily basis.... well, they humiliate themselves and I am there to kindly point it out in fine Naval tradition. Chalk it up to all those years DIRSUP working directly for the Ship's CO. Add nine months with a Marine Colonel and Gunnery Sergeant, both Infantry. You get the idea. I think my personality intimidates the civilians. End threadjack.

OmegaMan

Postby Sum1 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:47 am

The Navy's been doing the cyber warfare thing for a lot longer than the Air Force can claim to... I think it's funny the Air Force is trying to muscle (oxymoron?) it's way into a niche that doesn't really make much sense for it.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Next

Return to War Zone