JUNE 2011 ACTIVE DUTY OFFICER LATERAL TRANSFER-REDESIGNATION

Postby jitter » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:58 pm

HH-60H wrote:IW OCM - great post, thanks for sharing your insight.

Quick follow up question -

Are the community quotas available? I have an officer that wants to transfer from SWO to intel, is it possible to find how many SWO "quota outs" his YG has? And on the flip side, how many intel "quota ins"?


OCM - Could you provide the Accession Plan doc please. I can not find it posted on the web. It would be usefull to answer many quesitons.
tks
  • 0

User avatar
jitter
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: WV
Reputation: 3

JUNE 2011 ACTIVE DUTY OFFICER LATERAL TRANSFER-REDESIGNATION

Postby IW OCM » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 pm

jitter wrote:OCM - Could you provide the Accession Plan doc please. I can not find it posted on the web. It would be usefull to answer many quesitons.
tks


PM sent...
  • 0

User avatar
IW OCM
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:13 am
Location: Arlington, TN
Reputation: 1

JUNE 2011 ACTIVE DUTY OFFICER LATERAL TRANSFER-REDESIGNATION

Postby IW OCM » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:32 pm

HH-60H wrote:IW OCM - great post, thanks for sharing your insight.

Quick follow up question -

Are the community quotas available? I have an officer that wants to transfer from SWO to intel, is it possible to find how many SWO "quota outs" his YG has? And on the flip side, how many intel "quota ins"?


The quota work is not complete yet. As a matter of practice and expectation management, we typically do not discuss quotas in terms of numbers. We DO however discuss where we have openings in particular year groups.

Bottom line is: folks need to talk to their parent community OCM to see if they are letting any quotas out from their year group - if not, it is irrelevant how many quotas in the gaining community has. If the parent community IS letting quotas out and the gaining community has openings, it now becomes a function of the applicants' ability to compete against the other applicants, and board behavior.

V/r,

IW OCM
  • 0

User avatar
IW OCM
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:13 am
Location: Arlington, TN
Reputation: 1

Postby Schlag » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:55 pm

HH-60H, not a full answer, but I'd say that if he's in the "Division Officer" Years then his chances aren't good. We've had people attempting to lat transfer from my ship in droves and none of them have been picked up. Looking at the previous quotas I can see why. It looks like SWO is reluctant to let anyone go that is within their first four years (basically, their Divo sea duty, during this timeframe the community might let 2 people per year group go) and they're even getting stingy with letting people go during their post-Divo shore duty. It looks like things do open up post-DH but that's in the O-4 realm.

I remember hearing that it didn't use to be this way, but SWO has been making a big push to retain Divos and make them DH's.

I know it's not official, and I know that past performance doesn't dictate future possibilities. But I'd say there's a strong chance of things repeating themselves again.
  • 0

User avatar
Schlag
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:23 pm
Location: The path of the righteous man...
Reputation: 17

Postby HH-60H » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Schlag wrote:HH-60H, not a full answer, but I'd say that if he's in the "Division Officer" Years then his chances aren't good. We've had people attempting to lat transfer from my ship in droves and none of them have been picked up. Looking at the previous quotas I can see why. It looks like SWO is reluctant to let anyone go that is within their first four years (basically, their Divo sea duty, during this timeframe the community might let 2 people per year group go) and they're even getting stingy with letting people go during their post-Divo shore duty. It looks like things do open up post-DH but that's in the O-4 realm.

I remember hearing that it didn't use to be this way, but SWO has been making a big push to retain Divos and make them DH's.

I know it's not official, and I know that past performance doesn't dictate future possibilities. But I'd say there's a strong chance of things repeating themselves again.


Schlag, thanks for the info. I'm not sure where he is WRT to timing. His situation is a bit out of the ordinary I think. He took a GSA in order to get his choice of orders after, which is how he ended up in my office. I'll pass your info on.
  • 0

User avatar
HH-60H
Administrator
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 am
Location: Maryland
Reputation: 51

Postby O-4's hate me » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:08 pm

IW OCM wrote:The quota work is not complete yet. As a matter of practice and expectation management, we typically do not discuss quotas in terms of numbers. We DO however discuss where we have openings in particular year groups.



MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/FEB//

SUBJ/JUNE 2011 ACTIVE DUTY OFFICER LATERAL TRANSFER-REDESIGNATION BOARD//

RMKS/1. THIS NAVADMIN ANNOUNCES THE JUNE 2011 ACTIVE DUTY OFFICER LATERAL TRANSFER-REDESIGNATION BOARD. ONE ELEMENT OF NAVY'S TOTAL FORCE STRATEGY IS THE ABILITY TO PROPERLY BALANCE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE IN THE OFFICER CORPS.

2. IN ADDITION TO THE YEAR GROUP (YG) LIMITATIONS IMPOSED IN PARA.
6, APPLICANTS MUST ALSO MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS DETAILED IN OPNAVINST 1210.5 AND MILPERSMAN 1212-010 OR 1212-030.

6. THE FOLLOWING DATA PROVIDES POTENTIAL CANDIDATES AN INDICATION OF EXISTING LATERAL TRANSFER-REDESIGNATION OPPORTUNITIES.
A. DESIGNATORS INDICATED ARE AUTHORIZING A LIMITED NUMBER OF ACTIVE DUTY OFFICERS TO TRANSFER FROM THEIR CURRENT COMMUNITY.
EACH YG IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO THE BOARD CONVENING:
COMMUNITY/DESIGNATOR AVAILABLE YG
(S) NOTES
SURFACE WARFARE (111X) 09 AND SENIOR A B
SUBMARINE (112X) 06 AND SENIOR B C
EOD (114X) 06-03
PILOT (131X) 04 AND SENIOR D
NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICER (132X) 04 AND SENIOR D
AEROSPACE MAINTENANCE (152X) 07-03
JAG (250X) 06-00 E
SUPPLY (310X) 07-05, 01-99
LIMITED DUTY (6XXX) F B. REQUESTS FOR TRANSFER FROM COMMUNITIES NOT LISTED IN PARA 6A (INCLUDING ALL LDO DESIGNATORS) ARE EXTREMELY LIMITED AND HANDLED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS.

C. THE FOLLOWING DESIGNATORS HAVE REQUIREMENTS FOR A LIMITED NUMBER OF OFFICERS TO TRANSFER INTO THEIR ACTIVE DUTY COMMUNITY.
EACH YG IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE PRIOR TO THE BOARD CONVENING:
COMMUNITY/DESIGNATOR AVAILABLE YG
(S) NOTES
SURFACE WARFARE (116X) 09 AND SENIOR G H
SPECIAL WARFARE (118X) 08 AND JUNIOR I
EOD (119X/114X) 09-08
HUMAN RESOURCES (120X) 09-02, 98 AND SENIOR J
PILOT (139X) 08 AND JUNIOR
NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICER (137X) 08 AND JUNIOR
ENGINEERING DUTY (146X) 08 AND SENIOR
AEROSPACE ENGINEERING (151X) 05-97
AEROSPACE MAINTENANCE (152X) 07 K
INFORMATION WARFARE (181X) 07 AND SENIOR L
INFORMATION PROFESSIONAL (182X) 07 AND SENIOR L
INTELLIGENCE (183X) 07 AND SENIOR L
PUBLIC AFFAIRS (165X) 04
FOREIGN AREA OFFICER (17XX) 03-98, 94 M
OCEANOGRAPHY (180X) 08-02 J
MEDICAL SERVICE CORPS (230X) 10-00
NURSE CORPS (290X) 07-98
SUPPLY CORPS OFFICER (310X) 03-02, 98-96, 92 N
CIVIL ENGINEER CORPS (510X) 03 AND JUNIOR O
  • 0

O-4's hate me
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:19 pm
Reputation: 3

Thank You So Much!!

Postby Twin10608 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 am

Sir,
Awesome post! I'm a 6440 LDO who applied for lat transfer board #240. Your post really clearly and succinctly helped me understand the process a little bit better!!

V/r
HTL
  • 0

Twin10608
Registered Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:49 pm
Location: Menwith Hill, England (NIOC Menwith Hill)
Reputation: 0

Postby NUCCjollygreen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Quotas are available for review - see attachment.
Observations:

- Out quotas for 6440 are pretty tight; there are no out quotas for 1810s at any YG.
- Out quotas for 1110 have opened up for 09-05 YGs, but tighter for 04 and senior.

- In quotas for 1810 favor the 08-06 YGs; for 07-05 YGs, IW has #4 priority for picking.
- For those interested in Intel, there's a strong pull at the younger YGs - taking up to 13 slots favoring 09-07 (8 slots max) and 06-03 (12 slots max).
  • 0

Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

NUCCjollygreen
Registered Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm
Location: Newport, RI
Reputation: 0

Postby Sum1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm

But to get those intel slots you have to be an LDO, is what I'm reading here. No opportunities for 1810s to lat transfer out if they feel like a change of scenery?
  • 0

Sum1
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:43 am
Reputation: 13

Postby NUCCjollygreen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Sum1 wrote:But to get those intel slots you have to be an LDO, is what I'm reading here. No opportunities for 1810s to lat transfer out if they feel like a change of scenery?


I don't see much (if any) opportunity for IW to switch to INTEL, at least not on this board.

Even those LDO slots are onesy-twosies, so that'll be tough, too.

I'm a SWO looking to get into Intel or IW... looks like Intel has better odd this go-round for me.

For a change of scenery, one might consider the FAO program. They're looking for up to 18 candidates in the 04-00 YGs this time, and will probably be similiar in November. The catch is,of course, getting released by your parent OCM...
  • 0

NUCCjollygreen
Registered Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm
Location: Newport, RI
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Lateral Transfer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron