Lateral Tranfer, is it the right thing for us?

Postby LDOspook » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:50 am

I appreciate the guidance from all. I will continue to chip away at my degree and consider the jump to 1610 when the time is right. I have been waterfront for a long time and I am not familiar with pqs requirements, could someone please explain the requirements for pqs completion for LDO's? I have recently arrived at a very small NIOC, and I will likely start the pqs, I just want to make sure I am not spinning my wheels, especially if a new IDC requirement comes down the pipe.

Once again, great gouge.

proud to serve...

LDOspook
Registered Member

Postby usnctia » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:43 pm

COMEVIL wrote:If you want to make it past LCDR, lateral transfer to 1610.

If you want to advance to LCDR sooner, lateral transfer to 1610.

I will probably not make it past LCDR due to age, if there is still an age guidance in the MILSPERMAN. I have a question in regards to time from LT to LCDR what is the difference in time between LDO and 1610 realistically.

usnctia
Registered Member

Postby COMEVIL » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:00 pm

usnctia wrote:I will probably not make it past LCDR due to age, if there is still an age guidance in the MILSPERMAN. I have a question in regards to time from LT to LCDR what is the difference in time between LDO and 1610 realistically.

It all depends on the zones. Time in service requirements are technically the same, but current trends show much quicker advancement for 1610's.

In my case, I lateral transferred to 1610 this year and now find myself toward the top of the zone for LCDR. Had I remained an LDO I would not be in zone this year, and possibly not even next year (can't say for sure until next year's message comes out).

BTW, I have never heard of age stopping someone from advancing. I can think of some pretty old dogs out there, Captain Smietana for example (now retired), who continued to select based on their superior service, despite their advanced age (no offense sir!).

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby usnctia » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:15 pm

COMEVIL wrote:It all depends on the zones. Time in service requirements are technically the same, but current trends show much quicker advancement for 1610's.

In my case, I lateral transferred to 1610 this year and now find myself toward the top of the zone for LCDR. Had I remained an LDO I would not be in zone this year, and possibly not even next year (can't say for sure until next year's message comes out).

BTW, I have never heard of age stopping someone from advancing. I can think of some pretty old dogs out there, Captain Smietana for example (now retired), who continued to select based on their superior service, despite their advanced age (no offense sir!).

Well I am hoping that in time we will see how trends lay out and I have some time since I am just getting started in Feb 2010. Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to the new challenges that will come with the change in career paths that I have accepted. Just need the month of Jan to go really quick so Feb 1st gets here.

usnctia
Registered Member

Postby das » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm

This is a very helpful thread, guys. I don't have anything to add, but just wanted to say thanks from someone who is learning about the community. :)

das
Experienced Member

Lateral Tranfer, is it the right thing for us?

Postby suhani » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:09 am

hi

this is suhani

i am providing you very good and informative information. I have a question about the lateral transfer package from SWO to Aviation. Currently I am an Ensign on my first tour. I will qualify SWO in about a week or two so I am really close to warfare qualification. I really want to go pilot but I feel like I have heard different things about the process. Do I have to wait for the November Lat Xfer board or since I plan to transition from URL to URL do I just put my package in right away. Also, I got my commission in DEC 08 so do I need to wait until my two year mark or do I have to get a waiver. How difficult is it to be able to transfer from the SWO community to Aviation. My last fitrep was above the command summary average and my gpa from college was really high.

Houses For Sale

suhani
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Lateral Transfer