Chances of Lateral Transfer

Chances of Lateral Transfer

Postby br38 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm currently an SNA that will be attrited from Helo training due to too many failures. It wasn't from lack of effort though it's just that for whatever reason things just didn't go in my favor.Anyways I still have to talk to the Commodore and I still have to see if the Navy will keep me, but if they do I am interested in going into the IW community and was wondering if I would even have a chance or should I look into something else? I do have a BS in Aerospace Engineering if that helps.

br38
Registered Member

Re: Chances of Lateral Transfer

Postby COMEVIL » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:05 pm

You always have a chance, unless you don't try at all. I would contact the IW Officer New Accession detailer immediately regarding...

If you have specific questions about the community shoot me a PM.

v/r

Comevil

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Schlag » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:37 am

I'd also recommend contacting the OCM (Officer Community Manager) as they can speak to how many quotas there are remaining for the POCRB.

Are you being reviewed before or after 1 Oct? My gut tells me that the quotas are based off the fiscal year so you might be at a substantial advantage if you are going up after 1 Oct.

Schlag
Experienced Member

Postby bubblehead » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:11 pm

If the Navy is not going to keep you on the Active side, I would consider affiliating with the Navy Reserve. Although I know you are interested in IW, we are currently undermanned on the IP side.

bubblehead
Experienced Member

Postby br38 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Schlag wrote:I'd also recommend contacting the OCM (Officer Community Manager) as they can speak to how many quotas there are remaining for the POCRB.

Are you being reviewed before or after 1 Oct? My gut tells me that the quotas are based off the fiscal year so you might be at a substantial advantage if you are going up after 1 Oct.

Supposed to talk to the commodore this week. I'm assuming based on that I'll be reviewed after Oct 1.

br38
Registered Member

Postby br38 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:36 pm

bubblehead wrote:If the Navy is not going to keep you on the Active side, I would consider affiliating with the Navy Reserve. Although I know you are interested in IW, we are currently undermanned on the IP side.

Looks like a pretty cool job. If they don't mind taking on an Aerospace Engineer major I would do it.

br38
Registered Member

Postby Snake » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:45 am

bubblehead wrote:If the Navy is not going to keep you on the Active side, I would consider affiliating with the Navy Reserve. Although I know you are interested in IW, we are currently undermanned on the IP side.

I know this is a year old, but when I asked the OCM to lateral into either of the IW/Intel/IP communities on the Reserve side, I was told they were all overmanned. What's the latest gouge here? I'm still interested in pursuing a transfer.

Snake
Registered Member

Return to Lateral Transfer