IDWO Board

IDWO Board

Postby JUdog05 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm a reserve intel O3 that is finishing up the Intel and IDWO PQS at the same time. We are a fairly remote unit with infrequent face-to-face contact with other intel units. I've seen the requirements for who needs to be on the oral board for the IDC pin, but how should the board go? What are typical questions/how long should it last/etc.

Also if you finish the intel PQS at the same time as the IDWO PQS can they just be one board or do they have to be separate.

Help from anybody that's been on a board or had to go through the board would be great.

JUdog05
Registered Member

Postby webmaster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 pm

JUdog05 wrote:I'm a reserve intel O3 that is finishing up the Intel and IDWO PQS at the same time. We are a fairly remote unit with infrequent face-to-face contact with other intel units. I've seen the requirements for who needs to be on the oral board for the IDC pin, but how should the board go? What are typical questions/how long should it last/etc.

Also if you finish the intel PQS at the same time as the IDWO PQS can they just be one board or do they have to be separate.

Help from anybody that's been on a board or had to go through the board would be great.

While I'm not an INTEL Officer I'll take a stab. Your unit should have some sort of instruction that governs the requirements for IDWO and the initial intel PQS. I know the boards are generally not given at the same time but that was for the active component. I'd start with asking those questions at your unit.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.

I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."
Mahatma Gandhi
webmaster
Administrator

Postby Wolfpack » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:21 pm

JUdog05 wrote:I'm a reserve intel O3 that is finishing up the Intel and IDWO PQS at the same time. We are a fairly remote unit with infrequent face-to-face contact with other intel units. I've seen the requirements for who needs to be on the oral board for the IDC pin, but how should the board go? What are typical questions/how long should it last/etc.

Don't you have some type of RIPO, regional Reserve Intel organization that can get you what you need?

Wolfpack
Experienced Member

Postby das » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 pm

If your local N7 can't help (or you don't have one, or you're a very small unit, etc.), recommend you contact your IDC Reserve Region N7, or the CIDCRC N7.

Your IDC Reserve Region's private web site can be found at https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil under Commands -> CNIRC/CIDCRC, and CIDCRC is at https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil/CNIRC/

For what it's worth, I can tell you that my reserve chain of command (IW) is doing a combined IDWO/IWO PQS board, and some members of the IP community have done the same thing...so it's possible for it to occur that way, but it just really depends on how your own supporting organizations do this for you.

Visit Information Warfare Community Self Synchronization on Facebook, Twitter, and at IWCsync.org!
das
Experienced Member

Return to Information Dominance Corps