The Conversation

The Conversation

Postby Arkad » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Seems as though the conversation on this site has dried up. Where has it migrated to? Why do we think it has migrated/disappeared? From what I see elsewhere, conversation among a core group of us is alive and well.

Arkad
Experienced Member

Re: The Conversation

Postby Sum1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:40 am

Sir,

Where is "elsewhere"? I see some products from youtube/Ted talks, get periodic emails from LCDR Smith, and frequent the new (every good) PERS website. But I haven't been exposed to other collaboration or discussion forums.

Hope all is well.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:01 am

The site seems to be relegated to participation of only a handful of contributors -- maybe 15 max.

Lots of views on threads, but not nearly enough participation.

Not sure what it will take to re-energize participation here.

Maybe the site is past its prime...

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:27 am

I think at least some of the views are bots, as well.

What's the next best thing? Should we be looking elsewhere? I think you're right when you say contributors are probably hovering around 15 or so. I've been frequenting the board less and less as the pace of updates and discussions wane.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby Mjölnir » Sat May 02, 2015 2:33 pm

IMO, the reality is that this site (and so many others) works in peaks and troughs of activity based on events.

Our collective conversation should be constant ... there are always challenges, debates or opinions to be shared.

The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Postby BornCryppie » Thu May 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello all! I used to frequent this site, and then stopped for some reason. How about we up the ante to 16 active users? I've recently been struggling with some concepts from my JPME studies (separate thread). I'd love to hear some thoughts.

Also, I noticed that the activation email went straight to junk mail. While I grant that may keep the riff-raff out, it probably frustrates some folks.

In the meantime, please keep it going! At the very least, critical conversations among a small group of enthusiasts can go a long way toward developing a real, tangible strategic vision (which we currently lack in C10F at the deckplate).

BornCryppie
Registered Member

Postby webmaster » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:32 pm

I'll take some of the blame. I've got some things that have taken higher priority over the last year or so. I've struggled with whether or not I should keep the site going since it has never had a whole lot of participants and it was a spin off of another site I'm no longer affiliated with in any way. I'm certainly open for suggestions as to the way ahead. I've left it up as long as I have because there is good discussion here and I don't see it happening elsewhere.

As to JPME questions...I teach phase II so feel fee to ask. 757-443-6337.

webmaster
Administrator

Postby HH-60H » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:24 pm

I also have some culpability as well. My online time/presence on forums dropped of precipitously over the last two years. I think it would be a shame for a resource like this to disappear. Perhaps we could explore some partnerships with some related burgeoning efforts to pump some life back into the site. I have a few potential partners in mind.

HH-60H
Administrator

Postby Infotainment » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:38 am

I just finished up JPME phase I but don't ever hear all that much about phase II; how does it differ?

Infotainment
Registered Member

Return to Information Dominance Corps