"Navy nominates officer to take over for hamstrung 3-star"

Re: "Navy nominates officer to take over for hamstrung 3-sta

Postby LIVINGIW » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:17 pm

This is past the point of rediculous . Too many POM, budget, and leadership decisions need to be made at N2N6 and need full up round to make them. Cut bait, move on. IMHO, should be an actual IDC member anyway...

LIVINGIW
Experienced Member

Postby HH-60H » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:13 am

COMEVIL wrote:
HH-60H wrote:With the freeze on flags involved in the scandal still in place I don't think it makes sense to start making a lot of personnel moves because you'll just end up with holes with the statutory limits on flag officers.

Again, I think this is ridiculous. So it is better to keep a hamstrung Officer around serving in a position he can't fully execute than to nudge him out and let someone else move in?

Needs of the Navy versus needs of one specifically individual. In this case, the needs of the Navy are far greater.

Thank for your 35+ years of service, VADM Branch. Assuming you are innocent, it is too bad that you got caught up in this investigation. However, for the greater good it is time to move on.

Pretty f*cking simple.

I am not sure if you are actually replying to me or just commenting on the situation. I'm not suggesting that the freeze is or isn't ridiculous, but I am saying that as long as the freeze remains in place there is no sense in nominating a replacement for N2N6.

HH-60H
Administrator

Postby HH-60H » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:15 am

LIVINGIW wrote:This is past the point of rediculous . Too many POM, budget, and leadership decisions need to be made at N2N6 and need full up round to make them. Cut bait, move on. IMHO, should be an actual IDC member anyway...

On the intel side of the house, plenty of decisions get made by N2N6I. I haven't seen anything held up because VADM Branch doesn't have a clearance. I can't speak to the rest of the IDC though.

HH-60H
Administrator

Postby COMEVIL » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:01 pm

HH-60H wrote:
LIVINGIW wrote:This is past the point of rediculous . Too many POM, budget, and leadership decisions need to be made at N2N6 and need full up round to make them. Cut bait, move on. IMHO, should be an actual IDC member anyway...

On the intel side of the house, plenty of decisions get made by N2N6I. I haven't seen anything held up because VADM Branch doesn't have a clearance. I can't speak to the rest of the IDC though.

In general it doesn't strike you as odd or inappropriate that the Navy would allow an Officer in charge of millions of dollars of classified programs to continue serving without a clearance?

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Previous

Return to Information Dominance Corps