IW/IDC Flag Moves

IW/IDC Flag Moves

Postby Schlag » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:33 pm

This was the only move that was readily apparent to me from Sailor Bob:

Navy Rear Adm. (lower half) Jan E. Tighe has been nominated for appointment to the rank of rear admiral. Tighe is currently serving as director, decision superiority, N2/N6F4, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Washington, D.C., and (interim) president, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.

A quick look at the Senate Armed Forces Committee showed the following are pending confirmation:

Jun 27, 13 PN622 Navy
The following named officers for appointment in the United States
Navy to the grade indicated under title 10, U.S.C., section 624:
Rear Adm. (lh) Paul B. Becker, to be Rear Admiral
Rear Adm. (lh) Matthew J. Kohler, to be Rear Admiral
Rear Adm. (lh) Jan E. Tighe, to be Rear Admiral

Schlag
Experienced Member

Re: IW/IDC Flag Moves

Postby LIVINGIW » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Does this mean that Admiral's Metts and Filipowski will be ending their careers as one stars?

LIVINGIW
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:32 pm

LIVINGIW wrote:Does this mean that Admiral's Metts and Filipowski will be ending their careers as one stars?

Probably so due to our billet structure.

I wonder what lesson we can learn with RDML Tighe's selection. Get your PhD vice going to sea? Operational milestone tours aren't important any longer? Staff work and programatics are more important than good old fashioned Cryptologic competency?

Line up her bio next to VADM Roger's, RADM Leigher's, RDML Mett's and RDML Filipowski's. The differences are obvious.

Last edited by COMEVIL on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Schlag » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:50 pm

I wonder if this is the last stand for RDML Filipowski and RDML Metts. If memory serves both of them were just recently reassigned to CYBERCOM J2 and PACCOM J2, respectively.

Seems wasteful to move them to J2 positions on COCOM staff only to make them terminal.

How many 2-stars are we allowed to have as a community?

Schlag
Experienced Member

Postby Wolfpack » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:07 am

Schlag wrote:I wonder if this is the last stand for RDML Filipowski and RDML Metts. If memory serves both of them were just recently reassigned to CYBERCOM J2 and PACCOM J2, respectively.

Seems wasteful to move them to J2 positions on COCOM staff only to make them terminal.

How many 2-stars are we allowed to have as a community?

All two starts get three years and/or two looks. Filipowski and Metts should get another look. How many two-stars does the 1810 community get - none, they all become 1860 once they put the first star on.

Wolfpack
Experienced Member

Postby JMG » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:38 am

Perhaps at the flag level (and as one moves up the ranks) politics plays more of a role that the stats in your record. It may not seem fair but it is what it is.

It doesn't take away from the fact that it is a well deserved promotion.

JMG
Registered Member

Postby COMEVIL » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:58 pm

JMG wrote:Perhaps at the flag level (and as one moves up the ranks) politics plays more of a role that the stats in your record. It may not seem fair but it is what it is.

It doesn't take away from the fact that it is a well deserved promotion.

I'm talking about her entire career path, not just her Flag tour.

For the record, I'm not ignorant enough to think promotions are fair. But I also won't sit back and simply say, "it is what it is."

My point is, as an up and coming two-star she will be in the running to lead our community and command FCC/C10F. Given her background, that concerns me.

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby das » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Speaking of Flag news...

Navy Adm. Cecil E. D. Haney, for reappointment to the rank of admiral and for assignment as commander, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb. Haney is currently serving as commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

Navy Rear Adm. (lower half) Matthew J. Kohler has been nominated for appointment to the rank of rear admiral. Kohler is currently serving as director for operations, J2, U.S. Africa Command, Stuttgart, Germany.

Navy Rear Adm. (lower half) Paul B. Becker has been nominated for appointment to the rank of rear admiral. Becker is currently serving as director for intelligence, J2, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.

Navy Rear Adm. (lower half) Jan E. Tighe has been nominated for appointment to the rank of rear admiral. Tighe is currently serving as director, decision superiority, N2/N6F4, Office of the Chief of Naval Operations, Washington, D.C., and (interim) president, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.

Navy Rear Adm. Margaret D. Klein will be assigned as chief of staff, J5, Joint Staff, Washington, D.C. Klein is currently serving as chief of staff, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort George G. Meade, Md.

Navy Capt. Christian "Boris" Becker, who has been selected for the rank of rear admiral (lower half), will be assigned as program executive officer for command, control, communications and intelligence, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, San Diego, Calif. Becker is currently serving as deputy program executive officer, Enterprise Information Systems, Washington, D.C.

das
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Last I saw the EE PhD opportunity for 1810s at NPS went away, so it doesn't look like anyone will need to concern themselves too much at meeting that imaginary wicket for a star or two.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby Sleeper » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:43 am

Sum1 wrote:Last I saw the EE PhD opportunity for 1810s at NPS went away, so it doesn't look like anyone will need to concern themselves too much at meeting that imaginary wicket for a star or two.

We don't need no education!

Sleeper
Experienced Member

Next

Return to Information Dominance Corps