SUBJ: INFORMATION DOMINANCE CORPS FITNESS REPORT OFFICER SUMMARY GROUPS

Postby Schlag » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Perhaps this is a diversion from our current topic, but as I re-read the message I realized that LDO's were not a part of this combined summary group.

I wonder what the role of LDO's is throughout the IDC will be and what this means for the future of LDO's within our own community. Do we still believe that LDO's should have a focused job scope? If so, why aren't we properly leveraging that and saying that a 644X/744X is interchangeable with an 1810? If we treat them as interchangeable and just have LDO as an alternate accession pool, then why aren't they grouped together like the rest of us in the IDC?

Maybe I'm too low on the totem pole to think such deep thoughts - but I'm scratching my head a little, especially since I'm at one of the "Big 4" sites and only recently have we decided to properly leverage some of the LDO's we have. Even then, that's probably only half of them, the other half are indistinguishable from any other 1810.

Just throwing something out there.

Schlag
Experienced Member

Postby Wolfpack » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Schlag wrote:Perhaps this is a diversion from our current topic, but as I re-read the message I realized that LDO's were not a part of this combined summary group.

I wonder what the role of LDO's is throughout the IDC will be and what this means for the future of LDO's within our own community. Do we still believe that LDO's should have a focused job scope? If so, why aren't we properly leveraging that and saying that a 644X/744X is interchangeable with an 1810? If we treat them as interchangeable and just have LDO as an alternate accession pool, then why aren't they grouped together like the rest of us in the IDC?

Maybe I'm too low on the totem pole to think such deep thoughts - but I'm scratching my head a little, especially since I'm at one of the "Big 4" sites and only recently have we decided to properly leverage some of the LDO's we have. Even then, that's probably only half of them, the other half are indistinguishable from any other 1810.

Just throwing something out there.

As it is, all LDOs already compete in a single summary group, regardless of being IDC or some other community. They also all compete for promotion as a single competitive category. The issues with trying to have them compete in the IDC OSG but not for promotion would pretty problematic.

Wolfpack
Experienced Member

Postby Twidget » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 am

Sum1 wrote:There are other opportunities we've lost within the community as we move to refocus our community away from IO and back towards EW, SIGINT, and Cyber... for example, the loss of Regional Studies at NPS, officer billets at MHS and other places, etc.

I'm not sure about the "other places," but the changes in officer billets at MHS have nothing to do with our community, and everything to do with the Enterprise-wide budget considerations.

Brought to you by the Paranoia Protection Counsel..."We're watching you 24/7 to make sure you're not being followed."
Twidget

Postby Sum1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Twidget wrote:I'm not sure about the "other places," but the changes in officer billets at MHS have nothing to do with our community, and everything to do with the Enterprise-wide budget considerations.

The "other places" opportunities were more the legacy sites that were shut down or shifted to contractors when we consolidated to the Big 4. Thanks for the update on the MHS losses. It looks like I got bum gouge on those, but the end result is the same, correct? Or will those opportunities come back when the budget issues are ironed out?

Sum1
Experienced Member

Previous

Return to Information Dominance Corps