A short clip about the process:

http://youtu.be/6rEWz3PmmdA

V/r,

IW OCM
901-874-3123

IW OCM
Experienced Member

Postby OneShot » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks, I found this video extremely informative. I wish you would make one this easy to understand about the OCS board selections :)

OneShot
Registered Member

Postby Arkad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Great stuff IW OCM!!

Any others out there have insights you might be willing to put on video? Too many smart people in our community to not share. We're still experimenting with content development at NIOC Pensacola and I know we are not alone. Would love to help synchronize efforts with interested parties.

Arkad
Experienced Member

Postby O-4's hate me » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:34 pm

IW OCM wrote:A short clip about the process:

These videos are a big help when talking with the SWO JOs who are thinking about redesignation. How does this process play out with the SWO-IW options? Thanks.

O-4's hate me
Experienced Member

Lateral Transfer vs. SWO-IW Option

Postby IW OCM » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 pm

O-4's hate me wrote:These videos are a big help when talking with the SWO JOs who are thinking about redesignation. How does this process play out with the SWO-IW options? Thanks.

The SWO-IW Option program is totally separate from the semi-annual Lateral Transfer board. SWO-IW Options automatically redesignate after a certain period of time contingent upon a favorable record review by the gaining OCM (i.e. making sure there is no adverse info in the record that would make the prospective IW unable to promote or retain a clearance).

The word "Option" could be misinterpreted here. Although the prospective IW COULD request to remain a SWO, that request has to be agreed upon by BOTH OCMs. Since the SWO-Option officer is planned for in the annual Accession Plan, allowing the SWO to remain so would cause an under-execution for the IW Community. In an era where IW already under-accesses based on requirements from the outset (because of fiscal pressures), allowing SWOs to remain SWOs is not necessarily in the best interest of the community. So expect that these requests will be viewed on a case-by-case basis, with very few approvals being granted.

V/r,

IW OCM

IW OCM
Experienced Member

It's Lateral Transfer Season

Postby IW OCM » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:56 pm

IW OCM wrote:A short clip about the process:

V/r,

IW OCM
901-874-3123

For those who haven't seen, or who have Shipmates who might benefit.

IW OCM
Experienced Member

Return to Detailer/Community Management Corner