2009 IWOL

Postby COMEVIL » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Updated IWOL is posted complete with a new section -- VADM!!!

(Dated 11 Oct 11)

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby SailorDave » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:39 am

Is it only available from a .mil account ?? I'm looking from home and there is no link for the IWOL.

SailorDave
Registered Member

Postby COMEVIL » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:32 am

SailorDave wrote:Is it only available from a .mil account ?? I'm looking from home and there is no link for the IWOL.

CAC-enabled access only.

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:41 am

Sorry to bump the old IWOL thread again, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the latest and greatest current version is. The last version I saw (late 2011) had a lot of inaccurate PRDs and current duty locations, and I was hoping a more recent version would have caught up with some of the necessary corrections. I'm basically looking to line up possible jobs with my current PRD, as well as check out possible options should I be able to roll out of my current tour a little early.

My goal is to go foreign country for a tour. I'd prefer Pacific AOR from an expertise building perspective (been in theater since 2004), but I'm down for whatever opportunities exist within my window. Operational jobs aren't an option this time around, as I'm on my 2nd in a row.

Anyway, thanks for any help.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:50 am

Sum1 wrote:Sorry to bump the old IWOL thread again, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the latest and greatest current version is. The last version I saw (late 2011) had a lot of inaccurate PRDs and current duty locations, and I was hoping a more recent version would have caught up with some of the necessary corrections. I'm basically looking to line up possible jobs with my current PRD, as well as check out possible options should I be able to roll out of my current tour a little early.

My goal is to go foreign country for a tour. I'd prefer Pacific AOR from an expertise building perspective (been in theater since 2004), but I'm down for whatever opportunities exist within my window. Operational jobs aren't an option this time around, as I'm on my 2nd in a row.

Anyway, thanks for any help.

JAN 30, 2012.

If you can't access it, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

v/r

COMEVIL

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby das » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:54 am

It's on the left sidebar at https://www.portal.navy.mil/fcc-c10f/ (CAC required). Latest one posted is 30 Jan 2012 and there are still a number of errors...

Visit Information Warfare Community Self Synchronization on Facebook, Twitter, and at IWCsync.org!
das
Experienced Member

Postby Sleeper » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Now I just need my decoder ring for billets that read like "NOFX OPS WTF BBQ."

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
Sleeper
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Sleeper wrote:Now I just need my decoder ring for billets that read like "NOFX OPS WTF BBQ."

You'd be surprised how useful a little bit of "google-fu" is for decoding that stuff. About a year ago I made a list of LT and some very junior LCDR jobs (I'm a very junior LT) that I had no idea what the listing meant. It usually only took me one or two google attempts to figure out at least where the duty station was, and sometimes even the official command website. I still haven't found a great resource for matching that duty station with what the job actually entails, outside of contacting the detailer or the person currently in the billet.

The other question I'm thinking about asking at the moment is how much leeway our community has to fill other jobs not necessarily listed on the IWOL. I know there are additional opportunities, and the IWOL only lists what billets our officers are currently filling. I understand that those are probably the highest priority jobs, and therefore the ones that require fills first. I'm still curious if there other avenues for staying in Asia besides the ones everyone already knows of.

Sum1
Experienced Member

IWOL now on NKO

Postby jakeman66 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:16 pm

I've recently updated the IWO NKO Community Page. You can now find the IWOL within the library (upper right corner.)

Link to IWO Community:
https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/portal/cid/cidofficercommunitiesandenlistedratings/informationwarfareofficer/home?paf_default_view=true

Link to latest IWOL (Apr 2012):
https://wwwa.nko.navy.mil/gear/library/download?document_id=v4doc202800098

Believe the IWOL gets updated by FCC on a monthly basis now, so I'll attempt to remember to upload it on a regular basis. Cheers.

CWO3 James (Jake) Jacobs
IWO TYCOM Sponsor
NAVCYBERFOR

jakeman66
Registered Member

Postby 1610MATROS » Mon May 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks for the link. Greatly appreciated.

1610MATROS
Experienced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Detailer/Community Management Corner