Force Shaping (AKA Training Attrite)

Force Shaping (AKA Training Attrite)

Postby IW OCM » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:54 am

For those of us that have come into the community via this means, we should consider ourselves lucky. For those of you entering this process for whatever reason, here are the business rules. For all, not finishing the PQS per the instruction will make you subject to this board. Feel free to pepper me with questions, as it is a rather interesting (and sometimes confusing) process. The number of people being sent home by this board (e.g. not picked up by another community) increases each month.

Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

IW OCM
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:41 am

Wow... I didn't realize not finishing the PQS on time could lead to this kind of action. A lot of the Ensigns and jg's who have spent 60% or more of their first 1-2 years at the command deployed and at least 3-4 months training to be deployed are going to find this interesting.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Qualification through Collaboration

Postby IW OCM » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:02 am

Obviously, we want all IWOs to qualify so it is up to us to keep the bar high and do whatever it takes to help our fellow IWOs reach that bar. Active Component NIOC COs are the qualification authority and they have been empowered to authorize/request waivers for AC IWOs who don't complete in 18 months (and RC IWOs who don't complete in 36 months). Clearly, OPTEMPO is the primary justification for such an extension. Common sense continues to apply, as none of this has been put in place to punish new members of the community...collective success can only be realized through individual success. What are you (generically speaking) doing to help a fellow IWO achieve that qualification?

IW OCM
Experienced Member

Postby ShakaHI » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:50 am

Sum1 wrote:Wow... I didn't realize not finishing the PQS on time could lead to this kind of action. A lot of the Ensigns and jg's who have spent 60% or more of their first 1-2 years at the command deployed and at least 3-4 months training to be deployed are going to find this interesting.

I'm glad my command has not had to deploy non-1610s. In my opinion, OJT can only take you so far and sending a 1640 in place of a 1610 (even a brand new 1610) is just setting the individual (1640) up for failure.

ShakaHI
Registered Member

Return to Detailer/Community Management Corner