Detailer Contact Info

Detailer Contact Info

Postby O-4's hate me » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:09 pm

Webmaster,

Can you send me the new J.O. detailer's contact information. As you know, I've been on IA since the change-over. I'm 18 months out from my PRD.

Thanks.

O-4's hate me
Experienced Member

Postby webmaster » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:51 pm

I sent you a pm

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.

I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."
Mahatma Gandhi
webmaster
Administrator

Detailer change

Postby eswsswo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:38 pm

Is it me or is it taking a long time to complete this detailer turnover? Or is it just more of the same, an inability to keep the webpage updated and current? The "hotlist" is almost two months old and the GSA list is a month old. This isn't a new thing at turnover time though. These lists are rarely updated and could be an excellent tool for people who are looking for orders. At least it would give you somewhere to start.:confused:

eswsswo
Registered Member

Postby yoshi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:02 am

i recently called (yesterday), and i can say that they are still turning over. i talked to both the arriving and departing JO detailer. i'm totally with you on the website stuff, though. it should be updated far more regularly. if that is the only output for information, it should be regularly (as in SCHEDULED) updated. the nko IW site is totally dead, though. it hasn't been updated in quite a while, and even when it is, the info is mostly stuff that has already been seen on NAVADMINs. i'm not feelin' (or seein') the "desire" to improve communication inside the community beyond the efforts here.

yoshi
Experienced Member

No comms

Postby eswsswo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:43 pm

I'm hoping that communications from the detailer's office improves with the new blood. Unbelievable how many times I have experienced and talked to others who also have experienced ZERO response from the outgoing detailer. Most of the time there is nothing but silence coming from that office...no acknowledgement of a query or request for orders. It would be nice to at least get a QSL that the msg was received...a "yes", a "no", a "let me check on that possibility" or whatever but silence has been the most common response that I've seen people get.:mad:

eswsswo
Registered Member

Postby VQ Bubba » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:33 pm

eswsswo wrote:I'm hoping that communications from the detailer's office improves with the new blood. Unbelievable how many times I have experienced and talked to others who also have experienced ZERO response from the outgoing detailer. Most of the time there is nothing but silence coming from that office...no acknowledgement of a query or request for orders. It would be nice to at least get a QSL that the msg was received...a "yes", a "no", a "let me check on that possibility" or whatever but silence has been the most common response that I've seen people get.:mad:

If you get the stiff-arm after a couple of attempts, don't be afraid to elevate it up your chain of command.

Your can also resort to "cc-ing" your DH or XO when you send an e-mail to the detailer.

As a transition type who is used to having the detailing process run through my XO or CO, the direct path to the detailer is an interesting concept. I like it, as it should allow a better flow of information...but if it doesn't, again, use your Chain of Command when necessary.

VQ Bubba
Experienced Member

Postby yoshi » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:44 am

i know a few folks who have been frustrated by the detailnig process recently. I have to say, though, that for me the detailing process has been pretty good. i have been pretty persistent, but have always managed to get the information i needed. i have no complaints about the current situation, although i know others don't share the same experience. i should clarify that earlier when i referenced the lack of communication inour community, i was speaking not of the detailer, but of those who have the knowledge/gameplan of where we are headed and don't push down that information (why is the real question).

yoshi
Experienced Member

New Blood

Postby eswsswo » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:04 am

I see the new JO detailer name is now on the website and as of today the GSA job list and the IW job list have both been updated. Still not much in the way of variety or choice on the IW job list but at least its "updated". This could be such a great tool for people to use prior to calling the detailer if it were kept up to date. Lots of GSA jobs out there for people to choose from.

eswsswo
Registered Member

Return to Detailer/Community Management Corner