Has the codified criteria to request input to records been completed? If not is there a guestimate on when we may see that?
- Believe what you are asking is how are these going to be updated in the system?
- The detailers are going to do a record scrub, and as they remove BI2 and BO1 they will replace with the appropriate more discrete AQD(s) ignoring the hours/days required for those grandfathered
- Individuals not already possessing BI2/BO1 will be required to meet the new requirements
Is there any impact on an officer who goes to a DIRSUP billet but does not acquire the associated AQD? Would it be something you think an officer should address to a board?
- Likely most impactful to those going into zone for LCDR...meaning no documented tactical proficiency.
- To make that point more clear, two of the values proposed prior to LCDR on the pending FY-18 Community Values slide will state:
-- Demonstrated proficiency in SIGINT, Cyber, and/or EW
-- Superior performance in CW Surface, Subsurface, Air or Special Warfare tactical tours
*note: current FY-17 SECNAV approved slides state "Operational tours: Tactical IWO, NSW, Cyber Mission Force, Fleet or Joint" and "Demonstrated experience/proficiency in SIGINT, Cyber, and/or EW"
- Either way, it is expected to be in your record and if you don't have sufficient experience it certainly won't be considered "Superior performance" per the proposed language
How many FLISH pins am I putting you down for?
- Ugh, none...I prefer simple, sleek, and uncomplicated uniform design and prefer no additional "bling" =)