Formerly BI2 is now:
- BIA for Air DSO/SPECEVAL experience (min. 300 flight hours)
- BIS for Surface DSO experience (min. 210 days underway to include training) or completion of Surface PCS Afloat Tour
- BIU for Subsurface DSO experience (min. 210 days underway to include training)
- BIW for TIO/Special Warfare Support experience (min. 15 month tour)
Formerly BO1 is now:
- BOC for Cyber Capabilities Development experience
- BOD for DCO (CPT) experience
- BOO for OCO (CMT/NMT) experience
- In all cases, offiers must have 12 consequtive months or 24 aggregate months of experience to qualify
Primary adjudicator of this (and pretty much any other AQD) is NAVIFOR. Officers who believe they qualify for these AQDs must be nominated by their CO or designated representative. Once nominated, you will then send your nomination and any supporting documentation (qual letters, school graduation, etc.) to NAVIFOR for final adjudication. Once adjudicated, NAVIFOR will then pass to PERS-472 for annotation in your record.
In speaking with the Detailer, it sounds like PERS-472 is going to grandfather current holders of the BI2 and BO1 AQD. This is a manual process that involves pulling everyone's FITREPs for appropriate documentation so it will probably take a lot of time to do.