IW Name Change

Re: IW Name Change

Postby LIVINGIW » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:26 pm

I applaud PERS 472 efforts on both their FB page, Twitter Feed, and updated/active website. The team in Millington is working hard to keep information flowing to the masses. They (both OCM and Detailers) are in routine contact with Community leadership and pass along all pertinent relevant information via emails as well. Facebook and Twitter both allow for response back from the constituency, which is great to see. I was encouraged by VADM Tighe's response to some of the Facebook feedback...

As far as the other options... I think Station HYPO is a great effort and I have volumes of respect for the folks moderating/posting. It too, allows for feedback to thought provoking posts.

I think this forum is fantastic and for over a decade, I have used it to stay abreast of Community news when I have been both in and out of the 'mainstream'. I think the issue will always be how much folks utilize these forums. We have over 700 JO's in the 1810 community... I love STALWART, COMEVIL, AKRAD (honorary JO), and SUM1... but that is a SMALL %...

LIVINGIW
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:19 pm

LIVINGIW wrote:AKRAD (honorary JO)

...and don't forget ARKAD! :D

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:23 pm

LIVINGIW wrote:I applaud PERS 472 efforts on both their FB page, Twitter Feed, and updated/active website. The team in Millington is working hard to keep information flowing to the masses. They (both OCM and Detailers) are in routine contact with Community leadership and pass along all pertinent relevant information via emails as well. Facebook and Twitter both allow for response back from the constituency, which is great to see. I was encouraged by VADM Tighe's response to some of the Facebook feedback...

As far as the other options... I think Station HYPO is a great effort and I have volumes of respect for the folks moderating/posting. It too, allows for feedback to thought provoking posts.

I think this forum is fantastic and for over a decade, I have used it to stay abreast of Community news when I have been both in and out of the 'mainstream'. I think the issue will always be how much folks utilize these forums. We have over 700 JO's in the 1810 community... I love STALWART, COMEVIL, AKRAD (honorary JO), and SUM1... but that is a SMALL %...

I'm flattered to have made the list!

But seriously... back to the Facebook page thing... I was kind of taken aback to see "Jan Tighe" pop up as a reply under someone's post. I have to admit to being exceptionally encouraged by that interaction. It's not everyday most of us have the ear of our community leader or are asked to provide direct input that might dictate the future of our community (even if the future of our community might mean some of us are not part of it anymore).

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby Mjölnir » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:00 pm

LIVINGIW wrote:We have over 700 JO's in the 1810 community... I love STALWART, COMEVIL, AKRAD (honorary JO), and SUM1... but that is a SMALL %...

Just pointing out ... he named me first. :D

The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Postby LIVINGIW » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Named you first but love you all equally. I tell my kids the same thing. Except COMEVIL, I love him less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIVINGIW
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Army O-4 MISO guy I work with told me today that he tells all his kids when they're alone that they are his favorite, but not to tell their other brothers and sisters. haha... genius. Also, someday the jig is going to be up.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:07 am

LIVINGIW wrote:Named you first but love you all equally. I tell my kids the same thing. Except COMEVIL, I love him less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've come to expect it...

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Arkad » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Honorary JO? I love it. I'll always be a JO at heart.

Seeing VADM Tighe active on the net was great. No doubt she is lurking in many places. She is listening, that's what true leaders do. We just need to ensure that we are also actively listening and sharing our opinions. I can assure you that our leadership values dissent, so don't be afraid to constructively voice it. Constructive critics are critical to us all getting even better than we are.

What's fun is turning observers into participants. Thank you participants - observers, sound off!

Arkad
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:38 pm

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:33 pm

And it's official! Was just thinking about this yesterday.

Sum1
Experienced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Detailer/Community Management Corner