IW Name Change

Re: IW Name Change

Postby Mjölnir » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:37 pm

Am hoping we see some type of NAVADMIN or 'official' dissemination.

The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Postby Sleeper » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Am I the only one thinking that binary/hex on logos/seals/coins is a bit played out? How about a throwback to the analog lines of a QAM waveform or something? ;)

As for the name, full circle from SDO (Cryptology) to Cryptologic Warfare Officer is nice enough, I suppose. More importantly, let's reclaim the years of wandering in the "IO" desert, guided by un-revolutionary training, by focusing on our mission, re-emphasizing training and standards, and valuing combat efficiency above collateral visibility.

Sleeper
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:25 am

Stalwart wrote:

I wouldn't expect a NAVADMIN, but it has been disseminated via blog, email, NPC website, and Navy Live.

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:27 am

Sleeper wrote: ...let's reclaim the years of wandering in the "IO" desert, guided by un-revolutionary training, by focusing on our mission, re-emphasizing training and standards, and valuing combat efficiency above collateral visibility.

Great points!

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:24 am

COMEVIL wrote:
Stalwart wrote:

I wouldn't expect a NAVADMIN, but it has been disseminated via blog, email, NPC website, and Navy Live.

I'd like a NAVADMIN. Other designators don't really read IW (or shall I saw CWO) blogs, our community email, or other sources of communication we use among ourselves. I've also never even heard of Navy Live.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Sum1 wrote:I'd like a NAVADMIN. Other designators don't really read IW (or shall I saw CWO) blogs, our community email, or other sources of communication we use among ourselves. I've also never even heard of Navy Live.

You don't get much more front page in Navy media than this:

http://navylive.dodlive.mil/2016/03/11/the-evolution-of-navy-cryptology/

BTW, the Station HYPO post have over 3000 views in just one day.

Dare I say you two are in the category of never being happy? You asked for more communications from leadership.

Now that it is here you don't like the forum... :rolleyes:

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:29 pm

COMEVIL wrote:
Sum1 wrote:I'd like a NAVADMIN. Other designators don't really read IW (or shall I saw CWO) blogs, our community email, or other sources of communication we use among ourselves. I've also never even heard of Navy Live.

You don't get much more front page in Navy media than this:

http://navylive.dodlive.mil/2016/03/11/the-evolution-of-navy-cryptology/

BTW, the Station HYPO post have over 3000 views in just one day.

Dare I say you two are in the category of never being happy? You asked for more communications from leadership.

Now that it is here you don't like the forum... :rolleyes:

Never being happy? Hardly. But it would be nice to be able to point to a document (like a NAVADMIN) when a SWO or pilot or someone else is confused by another name change. Most were just getting their heads wrapped around the idea of the IDC (now IWC).

*edit* Just went to the Navy Live site (for the first time ever). As of 0920 central european time the name change announcement is relegated to twitter feed bar on the right side, halfway down, and the title is "No secret here. Name change honors evolution of #USNavy cryptology." Catchy for us, but how many of our non-IWC colleagues (who regularly check Navy Live, and who have both the mental and actual bandwidth available) will read that? Two days after the big announcement and the 24-hour news cycle has, unsurprisingly, moved onto other things.

My original point is a NAVADMIN goes to everyone, is text-based, and Sailors KNOW that a NAVADMIN is something they need to pay attention to. I'm all for leadership engagement through blogs and forums and social media, and I was very happy to see VADM Tighe's participation on the Facebook page, but in this case it misses the mark. This is an enduring policy change, and if its only announced is via Facebook and Twitter and some official Navy Blog most Sailors probably have never heard of, an engagement opportunity is being missed.

Last edited by Sum1 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby Romeocorpen » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:07 am

http://www.stationhypo.com/2016/03/the-evolution-of-navy-cryptology-guest.html#more[/quote]

Am hoping we see some type of NAVADMIN or 'official' dissemination.[/quote]

I wouldn't expect a NAVADMIN, but it has been disseminated via blog, email, NPC website, and Navy Live.[/quote]

I'd like a NAVADMIN. Other designators don't really read IW (or shall I saw CWO) blogs, our community email, or other sources of communication we use among ourselves. I've also never even heard of Navy Live.[/quote]

CWO X2 (my new license plate idea)

Romeocorpen
Registered Member

Postby COMEVIL » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Romeocorpen wrote:CWO X2 (my new license plate idea)

Would that be in place of your current TSWIFT plates?

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Mjölnir » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:39 am

COMEVIL wrote:
Romeocorpen wrote:CWO X2 (my new license plate idea)

Would that be in place of your current TSWIFT plates?

I thought it was BELIEBR

The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Detailer/Community Management Corner