MECCAP Message

MECCAP Message

Postby cnorling » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:30 am

Good afternoon Information Warriors,

I'm a CTR1 currently on leave and trying to submit my MECCAP package while working from home. I have everything ready to go except this years Call for Internships message. It typically releases late January and I wondering if it was already out, and if it was could someone please help me get a copy of it?

V/r,
CTR1 N

cnorling
Registered Member

Re: MECCAP Message

Postby COMEVIL » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:55 am

cnorling wrote:Good afternoon Information Warriors,

I'm a CTR1 currently on leave and trying to submit my MECCAP package while working from home. I have everything ready to go except this years Call for Internships message. It typically releases late January and I wondering if it was already out, and if it was could someone please help me get a copy of it?

V/r,
CTR1 N

Who is the originator? What command?

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby cnorling » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:13 pm

Sir,

This was the originator take straight from last years message. COMNAVCYBERFOR SUFFOLK VA.

As far as what Command, with what regards are you asking? My gaining Command, current Command?

V/r,
CTR1

cnorling
Registered Member

Postby yoshi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Cnorling,
If it is the same folks doing it again this year, it will be NAVIDFOR (NAVCYBERFOR changed to NAVIDFOR). I took a look at message traffic and they have not released anything yet. If you have the POCs from last year's message, PM them to me and I will make a couple calls to see if I can find out more for you.

yoshi
Experienced Member

Postby cnorling » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:49 pm

yoshi wrote:Cnorling,
If it is the same folks doing it again this year, it will be NAVIDFOR (NAVCYBERFOR changed to NAVIDFOR). I took a look at message traffic and they have not released anything yet. If you have the POCs from last year's message, PM them to me and I will make a couple calls to see if I can find out more for you.

Sir,

The MECCAP POC is actually my old DLCPO and I'm in very close contact with all associated w/MECCAP. The gaining Command actually wants me to hold off on applying this year so they can assess before endorsement. So it's a no go for this year but thank you all for willingness to help.

V/r,
CTR1

cnorling
Registered Member

Postby yoshi » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:25 am

CTR1,
certainly reasonable for a command to want to be sure about who they are recommending. i hope you are afforded the opportunity/billet to be able to demonstrate your ability. overall, i would always recommend going after what you want, once you know what that is. best of luck.

yoshi
Experienced Member

Postby yoshi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Cnorling,
Pretty sure the message you were looking for was released from NAVIDFOR on Friday with a DTG of 061802Z FEB 15. I understand you intend to wait for a year to accommodate your gaining command's desire to have more information to evaluate you, however, if you know that is what you want to do, not sure why one would wait to drop a package. If you are competitive, the body of work you have demonstrated thus far in your career and at previous commands would bear that out. Although you may be brand new to a command, they should be able to indicate their initial positive impression of you and use their recommendation to refer to your body of work at previous commands. They could also make a phone call or two on your behalf if they still had doubts. That's what leadership is in the business of doing. Final bit of advice: Never take a "no" from someone who can't give you a "yes". If it isn't the person providing the necessary recommendation or the person with approval authority, keep pressing in a respectful manner (if you are sure you want it). Every Sailor deserves to hear "yes" or "no" (and why) from the individual who holds the authority.

yoshi
Experienced Member

Return to Detailer/Community Management Corner