NAVADMIN 130/11: NAVY CYBER ORGANIZATION REALIGNMENT

This forum is for discussions about cyber warfare

NAVADMIN 130/11: NAVY CYBER ORGANIZATION REALIGNMENT

Postby das » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:44 pm

UNCLASSIFIED//

RTTUZYUW RHSSXYZ0001 1050942-UUUU--RHSSSUU.

ZNR UUUUU

R 151633Z APR 11

FM CNO WASHINGTON DC

TO NAVADMIN

AL NAVADMIN

INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC

BT

UNCLAS

FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N00//

TO NAVADMIN

INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N00//

NAVADMIN 130/11

MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N00/APR//

SUBJ/NAVY CYBER ORGANIZATION REALIGNMENT//

REF/A/DOC/CNO/29JAN2010// REF/B/DOC/CNO/OCT2010// NARR/REF A IS FLEET CYBER COMMAND/TENTH FLEET AND NAVY CYBER FORCES IMPLEMENTATION PLAN AND COMMAND RELATIONSHIPS DIRECTIVE. REF B IS CNO GUIDANCE FOR 2011.// POC/SCOTT ROBINSON/CAPT/FLTCYBERCOM COS//TEL:240-373-3640/ EMAIL:SCOTT.A.ROBINSON1@NAVY.MIL//

POC/ERIC EXNER/CAPT/NAVCYBERFOR COS/TEL:757-417-6744/ EMAIL:ERIC.EXNER@NAVY.MIL//

RMKS/1. TO ENSURE THE NAVY REMAINS A LEADER IN CYBERSPACE OPERATIONS AND HAS THE COMMAND AND CONTROL STRUCTURE NECESSARY TO ACHIEVE DECISION SUPERIORITY IN THE INFORMATION DOMAIN, I HAVE APPROVED A CHANGE TO THE COMMAND ALIGNMENT, OUTLINED IN REF A, AS RECOMMENDED BY COMMANDER, U.S. FLEET FORCES COMMAND (USFF) AND COMMANDER, U.S. FLEET CYBER COMMAND (FLTCYBERCOM). THIS CHANGE WILL REALIGN ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL (ADCON) OF NAVY SHORE ORGANIZATIONS IN THE MISSION AREAS OF CYBER, NETWORK OPERATIONS, INFORMATION OPERATIONS, CRYPTOLOGIC, AND SPACE FOR UNITY OF COMMAND AND OPTIMAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.

2. EFFECTIVE 18 APRIL 2011, THE FOLLOWING COMMAND RELATIONSHIPS ARE ESTABLISHED:

A. THE SHORE ACTIVITIES CURRENTLY ADCON TO COMMANDER, NAVY CYBER FORCES (NAVCYBERFOR) AND OPERATIONALLY EMPLOYED BY COMMANDER, FLTCYBERCOM ARE ASSIGNED ADCON TO FLTCYBERCOM. THESE COMMANDS INCLUDE NAVAL NETWORK WARFARE COMMAND, NAVAL COMPUTER TELECOMMUNICATIONS AREA MASTER STATIONS ATLANTIC AND PACIFIC, NAVY CYBER DEFENSE OPERATIONS COMMAND, NAVY CYBER WARFARE DEVELOPMENT GROUP, ALL NAVY INFORMATION OPERATIONS COMMANDS, NAVAL SATELLITE OPERATIONS CENTER, AND ALL SUBORDINATE COMMANDS AND DETACHMENTS TO THESE COMMANDS.

B. NAVCYBERFOR RETAINS ADCON OF NAVY AND MARINE CORPS SPECTRUM CENTER, NAVY COMMUNICATIONS SECURITY MATERIAL SYSTEM COMMAND, ALL FLEET INTELLIGENCE DETACHMENTS AND ALL FLEET INTELLIGENCE ADAPTIVE FORCE ACTIVITIES.

C. NAVCYBERFOR, AS DELEGATED BY COMMANDER, USFF, REMAINS THE GLOBAL C5I TYCOM RESPONSIBLE TO MAN, TRAIN, AND EQUIP (MT&E) ALL CYBER FORCES AFLOAT AND ASHORE TO GENERATE REQUIRED LEVELS OF CURRENT AND FUTURE CYBER FORCE READINESS.

D. COMMANDER, FLTCYBERCOM, AS THE DESIGNATED COMMANDER OF THE NAVY'S SERVICE CRYPTOLOGIC COMPONENT, IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MT&E FUNCTIONS OF THE CONSOLIDATED CRYPTOLOGIC PROGRAM RESOURCED CRYPTOLOGIC WORKFORCE.

3. AS DIRECTED IN REF B, FLTCYBERCOM WILL BE DESIGNATED AS THE NAVY'S CYBER CLAIMANT, BSO 60C, IN FY2012. WITH FUTURE DELEGATION OF 1517 AUTHORITY BY COMMANDER, USFF, FLTCYBERCOM WILL HAVE THE FINANCIAL AUTHORITIES NECESSARY TO QUICKLY SHIFT FINANCIAL RESOURCES TO PREPARE FOR AND COMBAT THE RAPIDLY EVOLVING CYBER THREAT.

4. RELEASED BY ADM G. ROUGHEAD, CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS.// BT

NNNN

Visit Information Warfare Community Self Synchronization on Facebook, Twitter, and at IWCsync.org!
das
Experienced Member

Postby Wolfpack » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:15 pm

das wrote:
C. NAVCYBERFOR, AS DELEGATED BY COMMANDER, USFF, REMAINS THE GLOBAL C5I TYCOM RESPONSIBLE TO MAN, TRAIN, AND EQUIP (MT&E) ALL CYBER FORCES AFLOAT AND ASHORE TO GENERATE REQUIRED LEVELS OF CURRENT AND FUTURE CYBER FORCE READINESS.

D. COMMANDER, FLTCYBERCOM, AS THE DESIGNATED COMMANDER OF THE NAVY'S SERVICE CRYPTOLOGIC COMPONENT, IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MT&E FUNCTIONS OF THE CONSOLIDATED CRYPTOLOGIC PROGRAM RESOURCED CRYPTOLOGIC WORKFORCE.

Not going to lie, as far as who does MT&E for IW, this is clear as mud. Looks as if NCF is out of the IW and IP business.

Wolfpack
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:33 am

I'm going to close my eyes for 2 or 3 years and hope it all works itself out (same tactic I use for admin! .... j/k).

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Nothing to see here, folks.

Just a power grab by a 3 Star.

Please move along...

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Return to Cyber