CYBER WARFARE ENGINEER ESTABLISHED

This forum is for discussions about cyber warfare

Postby arvizo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:51 pm

bubblehead wrote:How similar are 1840's with 1825's?


I would say CWEs have no similarity to IPs. Their backgrounds may be similar (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.), but the actual jobs once in the Navy will have no similarities.
  • 0

arvizo
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:59 am
Reputation: 8

Postby breimer273 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:54 am

bubblehead wrote:Any chance of 1840 opening up in the Reserve?

How similar are 1840's with 1825's?


At least in the near future there are no slots for a Reserve 1840, as far as I know. 1840 is completely different from any other 1800 designator in the Navy.
  • 0

breimer273
Registered Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 am
Location: Odenton, MD
Reputation: 0

Postby bubblehead » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:00 pm

breimer273 wrote:At least in the near future there are no slots for a Reserve 1840, as far as I know. 1840 is completely different from any other 1800 designator in the Navy.

From what I understand from the message, they are writing code and apps?
  • 0

bubblehead
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 am
Reputation: 3

Postby arvizo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:55 pm

bubblehead wrote:From what I understand from the message, they are writing code and apps?


The intent was to have them do software development. However, I don't know what they're actually doing now that a few are on board.
  • 0

arvizo
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:59 am
Reputation: 8

Postby bubblehead » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 pm

arvizo wrote:The intent was to have them do software development.

Interesting that it is not open to the Reserve, who has people who are senior/principal software engineers in their civilian jobs.
  • 0

bubblehead
Experienced Member
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 am
Reputation: 3

Postby breimer273 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 am

arvizo wrote:The intent was to have them do software development. However, I don't know what they're actually doing now that a few are on board.


Can't really get into details, but software development is what we do!
  • 0

breimer273
Registered Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 am
Location: Odenton, MD
Reputation: 0

Postby breimer273 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 am

bubblehead wrote:Interesting that it is not open to the Reserve, who has people who are senior/principal software engineers in their civilian jobs.


It's all a money game. Plus there are companies out there that already do that kind of work for the government so it wouldn't really have any benefit. Don't really know a whole lot about how all of that works.
  • 0

breimer273
Registered Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 am
Location: Odenton, MD
Reputation: 0

Postby Zer0OneZer0 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm

breimer273, I sent you a pm.

Interesting info regarding 1840s (especially the interview part). It looks like its a very technical job for an officer. What can someone interested in the field do to make him/herself more competitive?
  • 0

Zer0OneZer0
Registered Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 am
Location: southland
Reputation: 0

Postby breimer273 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Zer0OneZer0 wrote:breimer273, I sent you a pm.

Interesting info regarding 1840s (especially the interview part). It looks like its a very technical job for an officer. What can someone interested in the field do to make him/herself more competitive?


I replied to your PM. I am not very familiar with the process coming from the Enlisted side, so I am not sure what all is involved in being selected for Officer in general. I can give guidance on preparing for the interview process, which is really where selectees get weeded out. If you do well in your degree and possibly have some experience in the software development field that will be preferred over an applicant who didn't do well and/or doesn't have any experience.
  • 0

breimer273
Registered Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 am
Location: Odenton, MD
Reputation: 0

Previous

Return to Cyber

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron