USNWC GDP MA Elective Sourcing

USNWC GDP MA Elective Sourcing

Postby samuelec » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi everyone -

I'm struggling to find a source for electives that will satisfy the requirements for the MA in Strategic Studies... For any AOS - if you had success getting an elective approved that's outside of the Naval War College, I'd like to know the name of the College/University and if you thought the course was good or not. If it's not an on-line course, that's o.k. Hopefully others might find some use for this as well.

samuelec
Registered Member

Re: USNWC GDP MA Elective Sourcing

Postby Schlag » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:58 am

Believe Troy State's online courses will scratch the itch for at least the Asia-Pacific concentrations. I asked NWC this a while ago and they were kind of like "if it feels good, do it". I don't think there is a high bar to clear on the electives as long as it can kinda-sorta relate to an elective that they already teach and it's at least coded at the graduate level.

I have not formally applied for these electives, nor have I taken any of their classes. But I am aware that it's at least a tentative option.

Schlag
Experienced Member

Re: USNWC GDP MA Elective Sourcing

Postby samuelec » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I email bombed some JPME classmates as well and they overwhelmingly said AMU has many options.

samuelec
Registered Member

Return to Graduate Education