Any gouge on taking Theater Security Decision Making (TSDM)

Any gouge on taking Theater Security Decision Making (TSDM)

Postby Sum1 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:14 pm

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had an opportunity to take Theater Security Decision Making (TSDM) through NWC's online study program. Any gouge about how time consuming it ended up being? What were the deliverables? Basically any information is better than what I've been (not) finding online.

I'm gearing up to start a regular MS in the fall, and then this randomly was dropped on me. I applied way to NWC's online program back in the spring when I wasn't sure what was happening with my education, and frankly, I forgot about it. Now I'm trying to decide if I should do both or just stick to the cybersecurity (through UMUC) stuff.

Thanks for any advice/info you fine folks have to offer.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Re: Any gouge on taking Theater Security Decision Making (TS

Postby Mjölnir » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:13 pm

I just finished a couple of months ago.

It was pseudo-time consuming, especially near the end when the group exercise became available. My professor was very understanding of an 'unusual' schedule and that my normal weekends are not Sat & Sun, the others in my group ... had a habit of putting out items for group consideration and expecting input that day; not really possible if you are not spending your workday on NIPR.

Overall a good class. Depending on your load at UMUC & your normal duties, it is doable with other graduate work ... but it is a lot of reading (up to several hundred pages in a whack.)

The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:24 am

Stalwart wrote: ... but it is a lot of reading (up to several hundred pages in a whack.)

I recently saw this somewhere:

"It's only a lot of reading if you do it"

If I'm doing the Cybersecurity MS and this at the same time I may be doing some skimming.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby Snake » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:48 am

Sum1 wrote:
Stalwart wrote: ... but it is a lot of reading (up to several hundred pages in a whack.)

"It's only a lot of reading if you do it"

The amount of pub readings is a bit outrageous. Best approach for me was to skim through just enough to be able to contribute to the online discussions and write my midterm and final papers.

Snake
Registered Member

Return to Graduate Education