Naval Academy to hold public meeting on construction of cyb

Naval Academy to hold public meeting on construction of cyb

Postby Schlag » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:08 pm

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/nava ... 284dc.html

Thought this was pretty cool. Hopefully it'll open up billet opportunities and maybe even some Grad Ed opportunities for IW and even the IDC at large.

Thoughts?

Schlag
Experienced Member

Re: Naval Academy to hold public meeting on construction of

Postby COMEVIL » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:20 am

Related article, specific to naming the building appropriately. Read the comments.

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2014/06/you-dont-get-chance-to-name-building-at.html#disqus_thread

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Re: Naval Academy to hold public meeting on construction of

Postby Schlag » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:21 pm

I for one think that Hopper Hall or Rochefort Hall would both be great names. I could also see it becoming Mikulski Hall since she's been on the USNA BoG forever. It wouldn't be the worst naming decision in the world if it became Mikulski Hall, but most all of the USNA Buildings have been named after someone who did something significant for the Navy as a whole. The only politician that has building named after him is Bancroft Hall, and that's only because he created the Naval Academy when he got a turn as SECDEF for the day, thus establishing the Naval Tradition of Usurping.

If memory serves, Michelson Hall actually has a "Hopper" near the entrance in a display case and a fairly impressive painting of her. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I think that'd be a great start for the new building.

But Rochefort Hall would also be awesome considering the fact that Nimitz Library would be just a stone's throw away.

Very cool though that they're going ahead with this - to include making it a SCIF.

Schlag
Experienced Member

Return to Graduate Education