MCPON's NJP

MCPON's NJP

Postby Mjölnir » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Navy Times: https://www.navytimes.com/articles/misc ... -new-mcpon

Have heard about this a bit at work, and on another site. Some people very vocal not only about the NJP, but the nature of the offense.

I make no secret that I was NJP'd twice. I believe in second chances. I am not sure if the NJP was part of the review/selection process for MCPON (did they only review the last 5 years' worth of records? not sure). I think some people are looking at the nature of the offense (adultery with another Sailor's wife) as a sticking point.

Should the offense have prevented him from being promoted again to first class petty officer then selected for chief, senior and master chief petty officer, command master chief, fleet master chief, force master chief? I honestly don't think so. It is a breach of trust; a serious breach of trust among those who may have to put their lives in each other hands. Was it considered when he was vetted for MCPON? Should it be used to question the "fidelity and abilities of" being the most qualified for his current position?

The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Re: MCPON's NJP

Postby arvizo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:11 pm

I think there's a difference committing an offense when you're a junior Sailor versus a senior Sailor. Someone in his/her early 20s certainly deserves a second chance.

arvizo
Experienced Member

Postby Mjölnir » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:32 pm

arvizo wrote:I think there's a difference committing an offense when you're a junior Sailor versus a senior Sailor. Someone in his/her early 20s certainly deserves a second chance.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in second chances as well (and in my case a third one helped).

Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Postby arvizo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:05 pm

arvizo
Experienced Member

Postby Mjölnir » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:47 am

A lot of good comments there. Tks

Mjölnir
Experienced Member

Return to Current News