HOT FILLS AND IAs for 1810s

HOT FILLS AND IAs for 1810s

Postby Cryptonite » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 am

It appears that the Hot Fills and IAs were removed for good from the Pers site. Just curious as to what IAs/GSAs are still out there.....i.e. CJTF-HOA, AFGH, etc.

"Empower the People"

Cryptonite
Registered Member

Re: HOT FILLS AND IAs for 1810s

Postby bubblehead » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Cryptonite wrote:It appears that the Hot Fills and IAs were removed for good from the Pers site. Just curious as to what IAs/GSAs are still out there.....i.e. CJTF-HOA, AFGH, etc.

Last I was told, IW's are playing the "IO PLANNING" game in either Africa or Afghanistan.

bubblehead
Experienced Member

Postby das » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 pm

...after VADM Rogers said, and I quote, "We don't do IO". What we do is SIGINT, CNO (cyber), and EW.

And yes, he does understand that some IWs and DON civilians DO in fact do IO, and he realizes that CNO and EW are doctrinally part of IO; but when he says, "We don't do IO", I take that to mean more the MISO and soft-touch side of IO, and what the "IO PLANNER" is often doing. That is simply not one of our core competencies and we're not going to be able to duplicate the capabilities of other DOD elements which "do" IO. His thought is, let's focus our limited resources on areas where we are the experts.

das
Experienced Member

Postby bubblehead » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:45 pm

das wrote:...after VADM Rogers said, and I quote, "We don't do IO". What we do is SIGINT, CNO (cyber), and EW.

OP was specifically asking about Mobilizations/GSA/IA. What the Admiral says and what is happening in the mobilization washing-machine are two different things.

At least on the Reserve-side, IW's can and do mobilize as IO planners.

bubblehead
Experienced Member

Postby das » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:44 am

Oh, I agree we're doing it...it's just amusing to me given VADM Rogers' statements on the topic.

Also, re: Sleeper's question about a reference for the quote in his rep comment and for others interested, this was said to us verbally at NIOC Pensacola in response to a question asked by another IW who had just come back from Iraq as -- you guessed it -- an IO Planner.

das
Experienced Member

Postby bubblehead » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:19 pm

das wrote:Oh, I agree we're doing it...it's just amusing to me given VADM Rogers' statements on the topic..

Admiral's like to say things at the 100,000 foot level from which they sit without realizing how things are on the ground. Always trust the man on the ground.

I compare this to the previous CNRFC, Admiral Debbink, who wanted to create these "lanes" for Reservists so that we could "easily" transition from Reserve to Active Duty, to long-term orders, and back, etc., etc.

I was at my NOSC talking to the NOSC XO and mentioned the "lanes" poster that was hanging on the wall that illustrated how "easy" it will become. The XO's comments were along the lines of: yeah, tell the Admiral to come here for a week to see how things really work, and then have him tell us how we are going to manage that "idea."

das wrote:..in response to a question asked by another IW who had just come back from Iraq as -- you guessed it -- an IO Planner.

Yup.. An IO PLANNER filling an ARMY requirement.

bubblehead
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:15 pm

And yet it's our job to take the ideas/tasking and try to come up with solutions. Saying dismissive things like "seeing how things really work" is sort of ironic, since the system we are under now was put in place out of necessity by someone else. You can change anything if you have enough buy-in and are willing to work to come up with solutions to problems.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby bubblehead » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Sum1 wrote:And yet it's our job to take the ideas/tasking and try to come up with solutions. Saying dismissive things like "seeing how things really work" is sort of ironic, since the system we are under now was put in place out of necessity by someone else. You can change anything if you have enough buy-in and are willing to work to come up with solutions to problems.

In an ordinary circumstance, I would agree. However, from what I have learned about NOSCs, they are not all created equal, especially in terms of their funding.

bubblehead
Experienced Member

Return to Current News