American Express => Upgrade to Platinum AND No Annual Fee

If you know about a good deal then post it here.

American Express => Upgrade to Platinum AND No Annual Fee

Postby Schlag » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:30 pm

This has been flying around Sailor Bob for a while, but there's no reason that only the SWOs can partake in this GREAT deal! :)

If you have an American Express Card and you're Active Duty, you NEED to contact this number 1 (800) 525-3355 and ask about the military benefits; specifically applying/upgrading to the Platinum American Express AND waiver of annual fees.

To make things even better, if you've been with American Express, they will retroactively waive any fee that you've paid on your account since you've had an American Express on Active Duty.

I was skeptical about this at first but figured that I might as well ask. Sure enough, I was able to get everything taken care of in about 15 minutes today.

Originally Sailor Bob was attributing this to the Servicemember Relief Act, but that's not what it is; it's just an Active Duty Benefit that American Express extends.

At any rate, just wanted to share. This isn't a scam. In fact, there's over 90 posts on Sailor Bob talking about how great this is if you don't believe me.

Schlag
Experienced Member

Re: American Express => Upgrade to Platinum AND No Annual Fe

Postby Schlag » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 pm

On last thing, the waiver and the refund is supposed to occur within 6-8 weeks. Since I just called in today, I haven't actually seen the money, but once I do, I'll let you know.

Schlag
Experienced Member

Re: American Express => Upgrade to Platinum AND No Annual Fe

Postby Schlag » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:37 am

So as promised, providing an update because I just checked my recent activity and found that my membership fees since I've been on active duty have been refunded (approx $470).

I also found some other misc refunds (approx $30); it took me a while to figure out what they were but I think it might have been a foreign transaction fee or cash advance fee that I incurred years ago when I was deployed in 2010. The fact they went back that far into my account history to give me a refund is simply amazing.

In short, highly recommend spending the 15-20 minutes with AMEX and taking part of this good deal; ESPECIALLY if you're in a job where you hop around airports. It's certainly worth it!

Schlag
Experienced Member

Return to Hot Deals