Reserve Lat-Xfer

Reserve Lat-Xfer

Postby TylerDurden » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Does anyone here have any insight on how the Reserve lat transfer process has worked recently, and if it's possible to transfer out of IW to one of the other IDC communities, or even URL?

TylerDurden
Registered Member

Re: Reserve Lat-Xfer

Postby Tommy Boy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:35 am

a reserve lat transfer is fairly straight forward. details below:

all of the details you are looking for and a lot more at the following link:
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/c ... s/COD.aspx

"Procedures for requesting a change of designator are provided in Chapter 9 of BUPERSINST 1001.39F and MILPERSMAN 1212-010 and 1212-020. Requests should be submitted to PERS-911C via the officer's Reserve chain of command to include the Reserve unit CO and Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) CO. The enclosed Change of Designator matrix highlights community-specific requirements for requests. Please do not submit a change of designator request directly to a Detailer or Community Manager."

Restricted Line to Restricted Line is usually not an issue, but I don't see how a switch to URL would be possible as you would need active duty time to complete the qualification and earn a warfare device and it just isn't done in the reserves.

Tommy Boy
Experienced Member

Postby TylerDurden » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:33 am

I was a SWO in a former life :)
Thanks for the gouge!

TylerDurden
Registered Member

Postby bubblehead » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:14 pm

TylerDurden wrote:Does anyone here have any insight on how the Reserve lat transfer process has worked recently, and if it's possible to transfer out of IW to one of the other IDC communities, or even URL?

Change of Designators are easy in the Reserve. I changed my designator from 1835 INTEL to 1825 IP a few months ago.

At least on the IDC side, your change of designator will have a higher chance of approval if you are a fully-qualified IW officer as well as have your IDWO pin.

Where are you thinking of going? IP? METOC? INTEL?

PM me and I can send to you all of the gouge and templates.

bubblehead
Experienced Member

Return to Naval Reserve IW