Navy launching new evals for Chiefs

Navy launching new evals for Chiefs

Postby jordan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:56 pm

The attached document discusses the new eval system that is being put in place for Chiefs. What they don't address is how this is going to work for the September cycle. Apparently that's supposed to come out via NAVADMIN. Should be interesting

Attachments

[The extension doc has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

jordan
Registered Member

Postby OmegaMan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:34 pm

I'm not sure that I agree with Military Bearing being dropped. Perhaps this is a reflection of our society as whole, where such traits have fallen out of favor.

At least they don't have to struggle with NAVFIT anymore...

OmegaMan

Postby jordan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:39 pm

Rupe wrote:I'm not sure that I agree with Military Bearing being dropped. Perhaps this is a reflection of our society as whole, where such traits have fallen out of favor.

It seems opposed to the other signals we're sending. For example, PT is important because you can be separated for failures now yet the block for accounting for that is removed? Or is it under professionalism? I would like to think that we don't have to worry about that with Chiefs but I've seen otherwise.

jordan
Registered Member

Postby OmegaMan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:28 pm

jordan wrote:I would like to think that we don't have to worry about that with Chiefs but I've seen otherwise.

Agreed. PT failures occur at all levels, Officer and Enlisted, junior and senior ranks. No one should be given a pass. We should hold our leaders accountable to the same standards we demand from our junior Sailors.

OmegaMan

Postby webmaster » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:31 pm

My big question is the execution part. How are they going to bring this online? Navfit98a still needs certain fixes. They have said a new version isn't going to be ready in time. Doesn't add up.

webmaster
Administrator

Postby webmaster » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:14 pm

So here is the new Chief Eval. Currently it's only in PDF and will be implemented for the September cycle. Additional info can be found here

Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.

I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."
Mahatma Gandhi
webmaster
Administrator

Return to CT Ratings