recent information about IWBC?

There is no such question as a stupid question here. I call this forum "stupid questions" because then you can ask whatever you want and if someone says "That is a stupid question" then you know you put it in the right place.

recent information about IWBC?

Postby hopper » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:12 am

Good morning everyone!

I recently got picked up for lateral transfer to IW and am looking forward to it! I was a SWO for 6.5 years where I learned alot and had great experiences, but ready for a new challenge.

I will be going to IWBC in September. Is there anything we can do ahead of time to prepare? What is your advice?

Logistically, does the course fall under flat-rate per diem? Would appreciate hearing recent experiences!

hopper
Registered Member

Re: recent information about IWBC?

Postby das » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Nothing you really need to do ahead of time. The course manager is Mario Vulcano, and he is really dedicated to making this the best curriculum possible and has greatly improved it in the last few years. If I recall correctly, the days start at 0800 and you are done anywhere between 1430 to 1600 depending on the day. There are a lot of PowerPoints and knowledge tests, but now there are also more VTCs with community leaders and hands-on/interactive work. The course falls under the standard per diem for Pensacola and it's easy to stay on NAS Pensacola. The suites at the Gateway on NAS have their own washer/dryer in the suite, which is nice. Otherwise Pensacola is a great town and you will have plenty of time in the late afternoon/evening and on weekends to see the sights. If you need to do anything on the range, I did reach out to Security Forces on NAS while I was there and was able to go out and do pistol and rifle quals. Just DO NOT SPEED through the two school zones between NAS and CID because a retired Senior Chief will pull you over and remorselessly issue you a ticket. ;-)

das
Experienced Member

Postby arvizo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:52 pm

hopper, congrats on getting selected!

arvizo
Experienced Member

Postby CWOC2016 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:28 pm

I am scheduled for OCS 08Jan2017 and will more than likely be reporting to IWBC sometime in April. Are there any training changes anticipated for FY17? Is the curriculum still a broad course in IW community programming? How do cyber operations differ from the management tactics that you were exposed to during training?

CWOC2016
Registered Member

Return to Stupid Questions about Information Warfare