OPNAV N2-N6 News

This forum is the place to post links and articles you find helpful.

Postby 1610MATROS » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:43 pm

Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 8:53 AM
To: Flags/SES
Subject: FlagSESWeb Mail - OPNAV REORGANIZATION

Admirals, Senior Executives:

We require a whole-warfighting approach to better integrate and innovate on the OPNAV staff and ensure warfighting dominance across the full spectrum of operations in all domains, to include cyberspace.

To that end, I have decided to change how the OPNAV staff is organized.
I am consolidating the Director, Naval Intelligence, and the DCNO for Communications Networks into a single organization - CNO N2/6. This new organization will address Navy efforts across all information-related issues to include communications, sensors, networks, intelligence, and computer network operations.

I am standing up a Navy warfare assessment group that will provide me with assessments on existing and proposed Navy programs to address desired warfighting and operational capabilities. Additionally, I directed the creation of a three-star fleet cyber commander that will direct cyberspace efforts and serve as the Navy component commander to the newly-established subunified command, US Cyber Command, to ensure Navy has freedom of action in cyberspace.

The OPNAV reorganization will be executed as one, integrated event beginning on 1 October 2009 and will be in place to inform Navy's POM 12 efforts. There will be no growth in the OPNAV Staff (military active and reserve, civilian, and contractor) - the reorganization is "zero sum." I appreciate that this change is being undertaken at a challenging time in the midst of QDR and PR 11, as well as the build up to POM 12. The success of this reorganization is paramount to the continued success of our Navy now and into the future, and it has my personal interest. I look forward to your support.

I will keep you informed as we make this positive shift a reality.

Take care,
Gary

1610MATROS
Experienced Member

Postby 3seven » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:12 pm

1610MATROS wrote:Not sure which one you are looking for. I have nearly all of them. If you can be more specific, I will post it.

I mean 5400 Ser N00/1O0052

3seven
Registered Member

Memo

Postby 1610MATROS » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Here it is.

Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

1610MATROS
Experienced Member

Postby 3seven » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:41 pm

thanx a lot!!

3seven
Registered Member

Postby smallfishchen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:15 am

It is very much appreciated by myself and by others. It is helpful to see these types of signposts from VADM Dorsett as the landscape begins to change.

smallfishchen
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Required Reading