Joint Progression vs. STEM Masters?

Re: Joint Progression vs. STEM Masters?

Postby COMEVIL » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Sum1 wrote:Has anyone attended the war college and spent the summer there? I understand that there are no classes, so I'm wondering what the school has you do. I doubt people are taking 45-60 days of leave in the summer.

Thanks ahead of time!

Yes. The school shuts down, leaving you the option to "work" for a professor over the summer, work a no-cost TAD somewhere, or take leave.

I took leave. 63 days, to be exact... :D

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Re: Joint Progression vs. STEM Masters?

Postby Sum1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:01 pm

COMEVIL wrote:
Sum1 wrote:Has anyone attended the war college and spent the summer there? I understand that there are no classes, so I'm wondering what the school has you do. I doubt people are taking 45-60 days of leave in the summer.

Thanks ahead of time!

Yes. The school shuts down, leaving you the option to "work" for a professor over the summer, work a no-cost TAD somewhere, or take leave.

I took leave. 63 days, to be exact... :D

After living in Europe for three years I doubt I'll be rolling in with that much leave... I'd be surprised if I showed up with more than 20 days, honestly.

Now the next question... can I convince a professor to let me research major inland water routes in Maine that just so happen to coincide with world-class fishing spots?

Sum1
Experienced Member

Previous

Return to Navy Information Warfare