Naval War College

Naval War College

Postby Cryptonite » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Greetings fellow IDCers. Currently preparing for Naval War College attendance in the early Spring. Trying to get the gouge on housing/etc.

Thanks in advance

Cryptonite
Registered Member

Re: Naval War College

Postby COMEVIL » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Accompanied or Geo-bach?

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Cryptonite » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:41 pm

Geo-Bach

Cryptonite
Registered Member

Postby COMEVIL » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Last word I have on the topic is...

Lots of renovations in the 'Q' world including one completely torn down.

Geos are either renting in town or getting a shared arrangement with Balfour Beatty housing. 3 officers share a furnished house.

Recommend calling NWC or the base to find out the latest.

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:10 am

Bumping this because it looks like I'm heading to NWC in Oct.

I'm expecting to live off-post and have been tentatively looking at the rental market on zillow.com and military-by-owner. So far it seems like I'm a bit too far ahead of the game and no one really is interested in talking to me. I'm also noticing A LOT of homes coming available in June (presumably due to normal NWC rotation). I'm a bit concerned all the good stuff will get swiped by the time I'm rolling in in October. Anyone have any experience renting in Newport around the Oct/Nov time frame?

Another question (more relevant, honestly):

I'm looking at the elective clusters leading to AQDs and trying to wargame what I might try to do. Because I'm there Nov to Nov I'm not sure the various strategic studies groups will be available to me (Halsey, etc.). I'd love to hear what elective clusters people here may have done and what your experience was like. I'm also looking for clusters with professors who may want some free help over the summer instead of me taking 60+ days of leave.

Thanks much!

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby COMEVIL » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Are the geo-bach barracks no longer available or are you going with family?

Regarding electives, the groups will be available to you regardless of when you matriculate. I was a part of Halsey Bravo and can honestly say it was the highlight of my time there. Happy to provide more details regarding on SIPRnet.

v/r

Comevil

COMEVIL
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 pm

COMEVIL wrote:Are the geo-bach barracks no longer available or are you going with family?

Regarding electives, the groups will be available to you regardless of when you matriculate. I was a part of Halsey Bravo and can honestly say it was the highlight of my time there. Happy to provide more details regarding on SIPRnet.

v/r

Comevil

I'm single (legally). With that said, I met a wonderful girl from Wisconsin while here and expect to be engaged by the time I get to Newport, if not further along :) I haven't lived on base/geo-bach since I was an E4, so I'm hopeful that I won't be stuck on base for a year while in Newport.

I'll definitely take more info on Halsey and the other groups. I'd like to use my dedicated academic time there to dive into real issues/problems rather than just check a box.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Return to Navy Information Warfare