Fresh Lateral Transfer Going Intel

Fresh Lateral Transfer Going Intel

Postby KNO626 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 am

I'm a recently selected lat transfer coming from the SWO community and was curious about a couple things:

1. Is NIOBC as difficult as my detailer explained (extra long hours into the night, coming in on weekends to study, etc..)? If so, any tips that may help?

2. Eventually I know I must go somewhere where there are many intel officers to compete against to show that I'm competitive, but is this absolutely necessary in order to progress in the community?

Thank you so much in advance!

KNO626
Registered Member

Postby unlikelyconvert » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:24 pm

KNO626 wrote:I'm a recently selected lat transfer coming from the SWO community and was curious about a couple things:

1. Is NIOBC as difficult as my detailer explained (extra long hours into the night, coming in on weekends to study, etc..)? If so, any tips that may help?

2. Eventually I know I must go somewhere where there are many intel officers to compete against to show that I'm competitive, but is this absolutely necessary in order to progress in the community?

Thank you so much in advance!

Are you an intel officer or Information Warfare officer? There is a huge distinction.

unlikelyconvert
Experienced Member

Postby KNO626 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Intelligence Officer, 1830.

KNO626
Registered Member

Postby das » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:55 pm

KNO626 wrote:Intelligence Officer, 1830.

This forum is focused on the Information Warfare (181x) and Cryptology Community. The job functions, career paths, training, etc., are much different from intel.

Visit Information Warfare Community Self Synchronization on Facebook, Twitter, and at IWCsync.org!
das
Experienced Member

Postby Wolfpack » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:51 pm

das wrote:This forum is focused on the Information Warfare (181x) and Cryptology Community. The job functions, career paths, training, etc., are much different from intel.

In can be difficult because you did put this in the Intelligence section.... D'oh

Wolfpack
Experienced Member

Postby Wolfpack » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 pm

KNO626 wrote:Intelligence Officer, 1830.

IM sent on your question

Wolfpack
Experienced Member

NIOBC and follow-on tours

Postby Tommy Boy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 pm

NIOBC will require as much work as you want to put into it. If you grasp the concepts easily it may not require much work, but this will form the foundation for your new career and everything you will learn will pay off in the future. Follow-on tour should be at a joint command where you can break-out amongst your peers. 1830s have very few competitive tours and you will need to earn your Intel Basic qualification and your IDWO pin and your best chance to learn your new profession is with a larger group of 1830s.
All of this will prep you to return to sea as a LCDR and be successful.
more details on assignments at this link:
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/officer/Detailing/IDC_FAO/intelligence/Pages/default.aspx

Tommy Boy
Experienced Member

Return to Intelligence