FY11 Intelligence Critical Skills Retention Bonus

Postby Sum1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:42 am

Call me crazy, but I assumed that since USNA was a university at heart that they would have training sessions dedicated to the different types of warfare conducted by the Navy. This would best be conducted by an officer stationed there available to the students should there be questions/comments. I believe our community did a similar thing by putting a LCDR/CDR billet at the War College.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby mrsaturn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 am

I can see both sides.

NSA at least used to host a professor in the computer science department. It certainly helped me understand some CNO aspects that the NSA/Military was capable of and how it applied to my major. However, is it worth putting someone in a billet? Im not sure its that beneficial.

I think the biggest bang for the buck would be simply to do a secret brief to the brigade. Submariners did it really well. Or the NSA prof took our class up to NSA to do a tour. Learned alot and its why I chose IW.

mrsaturn
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:53 am

Considering that there really aren't many "fun" tours in between high stress operational billets these days, I think a billet at USNA wouldn't be a bad thing.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Postby yingxuy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:54 am

USNA's mission is to develop URL Navy officers and Marine Corps personnel. Currently, its mandate and IDC, more specific IW society is not consistent.

yingxuy
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Intelligence