Do you think child rapists should be executed

BEWARE, UNMODERATED FORUM: This is the catch all forum for any discussion the members of this site want to discuss. Only supermoderators and admins have any oversight of this forum.

Do you think child rapists should be executed

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 17

Postby Snake » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:32 am

Here's another recent article that I feel supports my view:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/03/waller.freed.ap/index.html

Snake
Registered Member

Postby webmaster » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:48 am

Dallas County is scary with the number of convictions that have been overturned by DNA evidence. Thankfully we now have that tool. What a terrible thing to be wrongfully convicted.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.

I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."
Mahatma Gandhi
webmaster
Administrator

Yes but...

Postby eswsswo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:08 pm

webmaster wrote:Dallas County is scary with the number of convictions that have been overturned by DNA evidence. Thankfully we now have that tool. What a terrible thing to be wrongfully convicted.

I have always supported the idea of the death penalty and still do. That said, our justice system has become such a give and take bargaining fiasco that it can be extremely difficult to be sure of what a conviction really means. The DNA evidence as mentioned above is a glaring example of how often we really convict innocent people. In fact, I was falsely accused of some inappropriate behavior with a teen several years ago. Luckily, there were in fact a lot of other people (adults) around who were witnesses to the events of the day. Nonetheless, I was arrested (several months after the day in question). The DA kept adding charges as the story of the accuser grew. In the end I had to go to a jury trial. Thankfully, I was found not guilty by a jury. Even so, everytime I have to fill out paperwork such as our beloved clearance paperwork I have to answer "yes" to being arrested and then have to relive the story with the investigator. I did absolutely nothing that was in any way wrong but could have received several years in prison and lost my career had there not have been witnesses.

In general, yes to the question about child rapist being put to death. But it must be a CLEAR CUT conviction.

eswsswo
Registered Member

Previous

Return to War Zone