Air Force cyberwarfare ad

BEWARE, UNMODERATED FORUM: This is the catch all forum for any discussion the members of this site want to discuss. Only supermoderators and admins have any oversight of this forum.

Postby jordan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:15 am

Here is the latest release by their Air Force
http://www.afit.edu/ccr/NewDomainNewWarrior/

jordan
Registered Member

Postby Sparkplug » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:35 am

Wow...I guess I should tell all of my AF EE(networks) classmates that they are wasting their time. BTW, NPS has a Networks EE track. I guess its just smoke and mirrors as far as the AF is concearned.

Sparkplug
Experienced Member

Re: Air Force cyberwarfare ad

Postby Sum1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm only posting to get rid of this 666 post count, but, for what it's worth, the above link no longer works :-P

Sum1
Experienced Member

Re:

Postby arvizo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Sparkplug wrote:They may have more personnel invested, but the Navy is still the only service that has a specific career field focused in this area. So what you are looking at is quality vs quantity. Especially with the reinvestment into the cyberworkforce protecting our networks.

The AF has a Cyber Operations Officer field.
http://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/ ... n-officer/

arvizo
Experienced Member

Postby yoshi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Looks like IP + Space + METOC. Interesting to note they seem to have separated it from their traditional intel. Kind of makes sense, I guess. That way they aren't sacrificing from traditional intel to feed burgeoning cyber demand. I'll bet they are growing their numbers by reclassifying obsoleted functions and pulling the billets over. Probably a wise approach for maintaing appropriate end strength, topicality, and advancement opportunity for those "communities" affected. Of course, its Air Force, so its probably just all new billet growth.

yoshi
Experienced Member

Postby Sum1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:35 am

Well, they already combined all their IW-like and Intel-like functions under the same officer designator, so the fact that they didn't do that with the cyber stuff doesn't impress me.

Sum1
Experienced Member

Previous

Return to War Zone